Canon FS 2710 Scanner - windows does not see it

The scanner connects via SCSI card (Adaptec) - installed drivers and
connected cables but windows is not seeing it. I do have a Epson flat bed
scanner connected to this system that works via usb, could there be a
conflict here?

sportsbiker wrote:

> The scanner connects via SCSI card (Adaptec) - installed drivers and
> connected cables but windows is not seeing it. I do have a Epson flat bed
> scanner connected to this system that works via usb, could there be a
> conflict here?

There should not be a conflict. But take note that SCSI
devices are not hot-swappable. They need to be connected
and under power when the computer boots. And by the same
token, SCSI devices should not be disconnected when the
computer is under power.