What is the best way to clean thermal grease off my proces..

TJM

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2003

I probably should have mentioned it is an AthlonXP 2000+ It has the retail
fan on it, and I removed the fan while upgrading my MB. I used thermal
grease to reinstall it, but put on too much and it has flowed onto the
processor. The processor is running at 51 deg C, so it's working. But I'm
thinking about taking it apart again, cleaning it up and reapplying the
compound.

Another thought is to upgrade my cooling fan. Any suggestions?

TIA,,,

I use rubbing alcohol. Works great!

> TIA,,,

Sandpaper. Jk.

I'd recommend a smooth cloth. Damp the tip with water and rub gently.

On 21 Dec 2004 14:15:21 GMT, Courseyauto
<courseyauto@aol.com> appears to have said:

> ACETONE

And if there's a woman in the house, you probably have some.
Good ol' nail polish remover. :)

--
Don't just hit reply. Email address is broken. Thank
your friendly neighborhood spammer. Email replies to:

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"TJM" <noneyabidness@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> TIA,,,

Fuming nitric acid. It comes up *real* clean after a that.