Best mobo and processor combo

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi.

I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.

It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.

I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.

Cheers.

Well id say get any nforce2 ultra 400 board and put in a 2500xp mobile chip,
damn good value and good performance.

doughnut

"Dan" <dan@breathtakingblue.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
> Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
>
> It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
> somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and
> processor.
>
> I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
>
> Cheers.

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Abit NF7-S, 6800GT OC, Mushkin 1024 pc3500, barton 2500+ 333fsb week 09 of
2003 ;)

Dan wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
> Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
>
> It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
> somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.
>
> I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
>
> Cheers.

Athlon64 3000+ socket 939, Epox 9NDA3+

TRENDING THREADS