Best mobo and processor combo

Hi.

I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.

It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.

I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.

Cheers.
3 answers Last reply
More about best mobo processor combo

    Well id say get any nforce2 ultra 400 board and put in a 2500xp mobile chip,
    damn good value and good performance.

    doughnut

    "Dan" <dan@breathtakingblue.com> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
    > Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
    >
    > It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
    > somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and
    > processor.
    >
    > I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Abit NF7-S, 6800GT OC, Mushkin 1024 pc3500, barton 2500+ 333fsb week 09 of
    2003 ;)

    Dan wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
    > Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
    >
    > It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
    > somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.
    >
    > I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Athlon64 3000+ socket 939, Epox 9NDA3+

AMD Overclocking Hardware Processors