Best mobo and processor combo

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 22, 2004 12:05:49 AM

Hi.

I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.

It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.

I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.

Cheers.

More about : mobo processor combo

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2004 7:23:43 PM

Well id say get any nforce2 ultra 400 board and put in a 2500xp mobile chip,
damn good value and good performance.

doughnut

"Dan" <dan@breathtakingblue.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
> Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
>
> It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
> somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and
> processor.
>
> I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
>
> Cheers.

December 23, 2004 6:27:09 AM

Abit NF7-S, 6800GT OC, Mushkin 1024 pc3500, barton 2500+ 333fsb week 09 of
2003 ;)
"Doughnut" <doughnut@doughnut.com> wrote in message
> Well id say get any nforce2 ultra 400 board and put in a 2500xp mobile
> chip, damn good value and good performance.
>

> doughnut
>

> "Dan" <dan@breathtakingblue.com> wrote in message
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
>> Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
>>
>> It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was
>> hoping
>> somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and
>> processor.
>>
>> I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
>>
>> Cheers.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2004 7:18:36 AM

Dan wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm in the market for upgrading my computer. A trusty old A7V266 with an
> Athlon 1.2 (running at 1.3) Ghz.
>
> It's been ages since I even looked at processors and boards. I was hoping
> somebody could give me an idea of a good combination of board and processor.
>
> I play Unreal etc and maybe the odd flight sim.
>
> Cheers.

Athlon64 3000+ socket 939, Epox 9NDA3+
!