MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum Socket 939

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 22, 2004 6:36:34 PM

Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
overclockable/stable etc?
December 22, 2004 6:45:19 PM

<del@here.com> wrote in message
> Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
> overclockable/stable etc?

Very fast, very stable, excellent board. Some of them have "issues", but no
more than you would expect with any moderm motherboard. Best of the bunch
of the 939 motherboards, imho.

Chip
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 22, 2004 9:08:44 PM

del@here.com wrote in news:41c92469$0$515$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com:

> Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
> overclockable/stable etc?

I'm very happy with mine using an A64 3200+ running @ 2.5GHz on inexpensive
Patriot (PDC1G3200LLK) RAM. Other than an incompatibility with an old
Hitachi GD-5000 DVD reader on the PATA controller I've had no problems.
a b K Overclocking
December 23, 2004 7:21:30 AM

Chip wrote:
> <del@here.com> wrote in message
>
>>Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
>>overclockable/stable etc?
>

> Very fast, very stable, excellent board. Some of them have "issues", but no
> more than you would expect with any moderm motherboard. Best of the bunch
> of the 939 motherboards, imho.
>
> Chip

If you want AGP yes. Best PCI-E board is probably ASUS A8N SLI (even if
you don't plan to run with 2 video cards)
December 24, 2004 1:40:27 AM

<del@here.com> wrote in message
> Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
> overclockable/stable etc?

They are awesome
Just be careful about what bios version you use. There are many out there.
Search the web and search this newsgroup for info on that.
I use 1.41 Beta with mine and love it.
Winchester 3000+ running at 278htt 3ht 9x multiplier = 2.5Ghz
RAM is running 1:1 ratio 1T 2.5-3-3-10 stock voltage.
December 25, 2004 12:10:59 PM

Well I got one now! all is fine except it wont work with my LS120 drive?
(windows crashes) any ideas? other than that its great. I will be getting
the As us SLI board when I can afford a Decent PCI-E graphics card, which is
why I got the MSI Neo2 Board first as I already own a AP radon x800 card :(
- they really know how to cream us don't they (hardware manufactures)
!