MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum Socket 939

Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
overclockable/stable etc?
5 answers Last reply
More about platinum socket

    <del@here.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
    > overclockable/stable etc?

    Very fast, very stable, excellent board. Some of them have "issues", but no
    more than you would expect with any moderm motherboard. Best of the bunch
    of the 939 motherboards, imho.

    Chip

    del@here.com wrote in news:41c92469$0$515$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com:

    > Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
    > overclockable/stable etc?

    I'm very happy with mine using an A64 3200+ running @ 2.5GHz on inexpensive
    Patriot (PDC1G3200LLK) RAM. Other than an incompatibility with an old
    Hitachi GD-5000 DVD reader on the PATA controller I've had no problems.

    Chip wrote:
    > <del@here.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
    >>overclockable/stable etc?
    >

    > Very fast, very stable, excellent board. Some of them have "issues", but no
    > more than you would expect with any moderm motherboard. Best of the bunch
    > of the 939 motherboards, imho.
    >
    > Chip

    If you want AGP yes. Best PCI-E board is probably ASUS A8N SLI (even if
    you don't plan to run with 2 video cards)

    <del@here.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone tell me what these motherboards are like? are they
    > overclockable/stable etc?

    They are awesome
    Just be careful about what bios version you use. There are many out there.
    Search the web and search this newsgroup for info on that.
    I use 1.41 Beta with mine and love it.
    Winchester 3000+ running at 278htt 3ht 9x multiplier = 2.5Ghz
    RAM is running 1:1 ratio 1T 2.5-3-3-10 stock voltage.

    Well I got one now! all is fine except it wont work with my LS120 drive?
    (windows crashes) any ideas? other than that its great. I will be getting
    the As us SLI board when I can afford a Decent PCI-E graphics card, which is
    why I got the MSI Neo2 Board first as I already own a AP radon x800 card :(
    - they really know how to cream us don't they (hardware manufactures)

AMD Platinum Overclocking Hardware Socket MSI-Microstar