Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

I have a Samsung Laptop. Whenever I tray and boot up I get the following
message:
PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-MOF Exiting Intel Boot Agent
I cannot get into safe mode. ALl that happens is it keeps checking the disk
for errors and then reboots and just keeps on booting up again and again. I
cannot get into windows at all.
Anybody any ideas please?
Thanks S

Here you go Sal,
'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
(http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Hi
Thank you for that. Unfortunately, this has not corrected the proble - it
still reboots.
Have your another suggestion please.
Reagrds.

"Treeman" wrote:

> Here you go Sal,
> 'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
> (http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
> Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
> hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
> Best,
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Go into bios and just have your hard drive as a boot device. disable the Lan
and the cd-rom as a boot device. See if that helps. You can also check the
cables for the hard drive and make sure they are in tight.
"Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Thank you for that. Unfortunately, this has not corrected the proble - it
> still reboots.
> Have your another suggestion please.
> Reagrds.
>
> "Treeman" wrote:
>

> > Here you go Sal,
> > 'Error: \"PXE-E61 Media Test Failure\" at Boot '
> > (http://tinyurl.com/chfag)
> > Seems your bios boot order is set to boot to lan first, instead of your
> > hard drive. You can disable the boot to lan function if you wish.
> > Best,
> > Treeman
> >

> > --
> > Treeman

> > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260
> > View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1871055549

Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Hi
Thank you for all the advice, unfortunately I have had to format and
reinstall!!
I am sure that I will be back again.
Regards.