Overclocking or upgrading CPU in Presario 2145

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
December 29, 2004 8:11:39 PM

Hi all,

I have a Compaq Presario 2145 laptop computer, containing I think an
AMD XP 2400 processor.

But I want to know exactly which version of the cpu it is, and how I
can either overclock it, or which type I need to replace it, as I have
the service manual and know it is in a socket.

I already ordered two 512MB PC3200 SO-DIMM's in case the memory can't
catch up.

Thanks

--
DKDiveDude
Anonymous

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:11:39 +0000, DKDiveDude wrote:

> I have a Compaq Presario 2145 laptop computer, containing I think an AMD
> XP 2400 processor.

Should be an XP-M (mobile).

> But I want to know exactly which version of the cpu it is, and how I can
> either overclock it, or which type I need to replace it, as I have the
> service manual and know it is in a socket.

You shouldn't need to change the cpu either. Just raise the startup/max
multiplier. This should help:

http://fab51.com/index-e.html

You probably need to read through a lot to find what you need, but it
should all be there. Or maybe someone that has a mobile cpu can help you
better. Good luck.

> I already ordered two 512MB PC3200 SO-DIMM's in case the memory can't
> catch up.

You shouldn't need to change the ram.