A64 3100+ clawhammer

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2004 9:15:10 AM

Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
cache.

I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

More about : a64 3100 clawhammer

December 30, 2004 11:18:41 AM

The only 3100+ I know of is not an A64 and it does not have a 1MB L2 cache,
make that 256K. Its a Sempron.
"LBJGH" <lbjgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D f4f65ec.0412300615.6dae8004@posting.google.com...
> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
> cache.
>
> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2004 3:19:33 PM

This chip is an early CO stepping and is a true clawhammer.
Here is a pic... http://members.rogers.com/5555/3100.jpg

"papasurf" <papa@nospam.net> wrote in message
> The only 3100+ I know of is not an A64 and it does not have a 1MB L2
> cache, make that 256K. Its a Sempron.
> "LBJGH" <lbjgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D f4f65ec.0412300615.6dae8004@posting.google.com...
>> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
>> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
>> cache.
>>
>> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 30, 2004 7:34:29 PM

Thanks for the pic. I stand corrected and enlightened. I had thought all
3100+ were Semprons.

"LBJGH" <bite_mee@hotsnail.back> wrote in message
> This chip is an early CO stepping and is a true clawhammer.
> Here is a pic... http://members.rogers.com/5555/3100.jpg
>
> "papasurf" <papa@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> The only 3100+ I know of is not an A64 and it does not have a 1MB L2
>> cache, make that 256K. Its a Sempron.
>> "LBJGH" <lbjgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:D f4f65ec.0412300615.6dae8004@posting.google.com...
>>> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
>>> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
>>> cache.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 30, 2004 7:54:40 PM

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:15:10 -0800, LBJGH wrote:

> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth? It is
> clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2 cache.
>
> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

MB's are of equal value (or should be as there's almost no difference).
The Sempron 3100+ is worth about $100. Find what you have on pricewatch,
then subtract ??% for being used.

a b K Overclocking
December 31, 2004 1:05:42 PM

LBJGH wrote:
> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
> cache.
>
> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

You have that chip running? If so I'd LOVE a WCPUID shot of it. Or even
better the raw CPUID data: use Crystal CPUID, function -> CPUID information.

What you have is supposedly a 2-way socket 754 Clawhammer. Of course, that's
not much use as I don't think there were even any prototype 2-way socket 754
boards produced, but it's cool nonetheless :)

As for what it's worth, we can turn to the mobile A64's for a bit of help :)
The AMA3000BEX5AP is a 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache chip, so your CPU has a "modern"
rating of 3000+. So, novelty value excluded, it's worth whatever a used
3000+ is worth (which depends on where you live, etc).

--
Michael Brown
a b K Overclocking

That's what I figured.... Thanks for your input.

"Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
> LBJGH wrote:
>> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
>> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
>> cache.
>>
>> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.
>
> You have that chip running? If so I'd LOVE a WCPUID shot of it. Or even
> better the raw CPUID data: use Crystal CPUID, function -> CPUID
> information.
>
> What you have is supposedly a 2-way socket 754 Clawhammer. Of course,
> that's
> not much use as I don't think there were even any prototype 2-way socket
> 754
> boards produced, but it's cool nonetheless :)
>
> As for what it's worth, we can turn to the mobile A64's for a bit of help
> :)
> The AMA3000BEX5AP is a 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache chip, so your CPU has a
> "modern"
> rating of 3000+. So, novelty value excluded, it's worth whatever a used
> 3000+ is worth (which depends on where you live, etc).
>
> --
> Michael Brown
> www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :)
> Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 31, 2004 1:05:43 PM

Thus spake Michael Brown:

http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/showthread.php?threadid...

--
sls
Anonymous

Sure... here is a screen shot from crystal ...

http://members.rogers.com/5555/crystal.jpg

!