A64 3100+ clawhammer

Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
cache.

I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.
8 answers Last reply
More about 3100 clawhammer

    The only 3100+ I know of is not an A64 and it does not have a 1MB L2 cache,
    make that 256K. Its a Sempron.
    "LBJGH" <lbjgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
    > It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
    > cache.
    >
    > I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

    This chip is an early CO stepping and is a true clawhammer.
    Here is a pic... http://members.rogers.com/5555/3100.jpg

    "papasurf" <papa@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > The only 3100+ I know of is not an A64 and it does not have a 1MB L2
    > cache, make that 256K. Its a Sempron.
    > "LBJGH" <lbjgh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
    >> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
    >> cache.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

    Thanks for the pic. I stand corrected and enlightened. I had thought all
    3100+ were Semprons.

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:15:10 -0800, LBJGH wrote:

    > Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth? It is
    > clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2 cache.
    >
    > I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

    MB's are of equal value (or should be as there's almost no difference).
    The Sempron 3100+ is worth about $100. Find what you have on pricewatch,
    then subtract ??% for being used.

    LBJGH wrote:
    > Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
    > It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
    > cache.
    >
    > I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.

    You have that chip running? If so I'd LOVE a WCPUID shot of it. Or even
    better the raw CPUID data: use Crystal CPUID, function -> CPUID information.

    What you have is supposedly a 2-way socket 754 Clawhammer. Of course, that's
    not much use as I don't think there were even any prototype 2-way socket 754
    boards produced, but it's cool nonetheless :)

    As for what it's worth, we can turn to the mobile A64's for a bit of help :)
    The AMA3000BEX5AP is a 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache chip, so your CPU has a "modern"
    rating of 3000+. So, novelty value excluded, it's worth whatever a used
    3000+ is worth (which depends on where you live, etc).

    --
    Michael Brown

    That's what I figured.... Thanks for your input.

    "Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
    > LBJGH wrote:
    >> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
    >> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
    >> cache.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.
    >
    > You have that chip running? If so I'd LOVE a WCPUID shot of it. Or even
    > better the raw CPUID data: use Crystal CPUID, function -> CPUID
    > information.
    >
    > What you have is supposedly a 2-way socket 754 Clawhammer. Of course,
    > that's
    > not much use as I don't think there were even any prototype 2-way socket
    > 754
    > boards produced, but it's cool nonetheless :)
    >
    > As for what it's worth, we can turn to the mobile A64's for a bit of help
    > :)
    > The AMA3000BEX5AP is a 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache chip, so your CPU has a
    > "modern"
    > rating of 3000+. So, novelty value excluded, it's worth whatever a used
    > 3000+ is worth (which depends on where you live, etc).
    >
    > --
    > Michael Brown
    > www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :)
    > Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open

    Thus spake Michael Brown:

    http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10237

    --
    sls
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Sure... here is a screen shot from crystal ...

    http://members.rogers.com/5555/crystal.jpg

    "Michael Brown" <see@signature.below> wrote in message
    > LBJGH wrote:
    >> Anyone know what an socket 754 A64 3100+ clawhammer would be worth?
    >> It is clocked at the same speed as an A64 2800+ but has 1mb of L2
    >> cache.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking about selling my socket 754 and getting a socket 939.
    >
    > You have that chip running? If so I'd LOVE a WCPUID shot of it. Or even
    > better the raw CPUID data: use Crystal CPUID, function -> CPUID
    > information.
    >
    > What you have is supposedly a 2-way socket 754 Clawhammer. Of course,
    > that's
    > not much use as I don't think there were even any prototype 2-way socket
    > 754
    > boards produced, but it's cool nonetheless :)
    >
    > As for what it's worth, we can turn to the mobile A64's for a bit of help
    > :)
    > The AMA3000BEX5AP is a 1.8GHz, 1MB L2 cache chip, so your CPU has a
    > "modern"
    > rating of 3000+. So, novelty value excluded, it's worth whatever a used
    > 3000+ is worth (which depends on where you live, etc).
    >
    > --
    > Michael Brown
    > www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :)
    > Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open

AMD Overclocking Hardware Socket Product