n00b need help: AMD-939 Winchester 3200+ CPU voltage

Hi Guys,

Just got myself a A8V w/ AMD64 Winchester 3200+ (default 2000mhz)

I've read some crazy guys OCing it at 2995mhz...

I'm happy with mild stuff and the machine is rock solid stable at 2400mhz
(240x10) running with cpu voltage to its default 1.4v

If stable at 1.4v, then should I leave it there or should I increase the
voltage anyway?

Thanks for the info

--
Don't forget to remove the JUNK when you reply...
N'oubliez pas d'enlever le JUNK quand vous répondez...

Ed

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:35:44 GMT, "Yaff" <novirus@JUNKaei.ca> wrote:

>Hi Guys,
>
>Just got myself a A8V w/ AMD64 Winchester 3200+ (default 2000mhz)
>
>I've read some crazy guys OCing it at 2995mhz...
>
>I'm happy with mild stuff and the machine is rock solid stable at 2400mhz
>(240x10) running with cpu voltage to its default 1.4v
>
>If stable at 1.4v, then should I leave it there or should I increase the
>voltage anyway?
>
>Thanks for the info

No sense in adding voltage if not needed. If running windows, try Prime
95's FPU torture test. My 3200+ Newcastle fails the FPU test if vcore is
set too low.

Prime 95: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm
Ed

Thanks for the tip Ed,

I'll do that.

One thing dought. My Radeon X800 XT is no longer stable at 1.5v, I have to
put it at 1.6v
Does this .1v increase will shorter its life?

--
Don't forget to remove the JUNK when you reply...
N'oubliez pas d'enlever le JUNK quand vous répondez...

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Yaff" <novirus@JUNKaei.ca> wrote in message
> Thanks for the tip Ed,
>
> I'll do that.
>
> One thing dought. My Radeon X800 XT is no longer stable at 1.5v, I have to
> put it at 1.6v
> Does this .1v increase will shorter its life?

No, many graphics cards need 1.6v AGP these days. In fact often
manufacturers recommend it. Its nothing to worry about.

Chip

"Yaff" <novirus@JUNKaei.ca> wrote in news:9P6dnQFBr93_TEvcRVn-
rA@giganews.com:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Just got myself a A8V w/ AMD64 Winchester 3200+ (default 2000mhz)
>
> I've read some crazy guys OCing it at 2995mhz...
>
> I'm happy with mild stuff and the machine is rock solid stable at 2400mhz
> (240x10) running with cpu voltage to its default 1.4v
>
> If stable at 1.4v, then should I leave it there or should I increase the
> voltage anyway?

Leave it. My 3200+ Winchester is running at 2500MHz at the stock voltage
and passes the Prime95 torture test.