Refurbished parts??

xyz

What exactly does it mean when a supplier offers refurbished parts?
Motherboards, etc. are they relatively safe to buy from well know suppliers?

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:50:20 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
wrote:

>What exactly does it mean when a supplier offers refurbished parts?
>Motherboards, etc. are they relatively safe to buy from well know suppliers?

Probably the same thing as "pulls". They've been "pulled" out of a
retired or dead machine. They are most likely checked over for
functionality before they re-use and re-sell them.

I would trust refurbs with few moving parts (i.e. -not hard drives)

It means somebody already purchased the part and didn't like it so they RMA'ed
it and something different. Thet is not tested ort repaired but just boxed up
and resold usually without the acessories, barebones.

Re-furbs are also parts that have been returned and found to be working fine.
Alot of stuff gets returned by people who just don't know WTF thaey are doing.

>>What exactly does it mean when a supplier offers refurbished parts?
>>Motherboards, etc. are they relatively safe to buy from well know suppliers?

out of interest... where can i obtain refurbished parts?

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC1
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Newegg.com has some, Computersurplus.com has some too. You could do a Gogle
search as well.