Jugo

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2005

None of my USB ports are working. I believe that it was the cause of a
thunderstorm. I already uninstalled all drivers and ports in the device
manager and let windows reinstall them, and still none of my hardware is
recognized, not even my mouse. All drivers seem to be installed correctly.
Can my usb ports be fried? I dunno. Help! Any suggestions. Thanx.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yes you're USB porrts can definitely be fried. Do you have a USB modem
connected, as surges are just as likely to come down phone lines

Jugo Wrote:
> None of my USB ports are working. I believe that it was the cause of a
> thunderstorm. I already uninstalled all drivers and ports in the
> device
> manager and let windows reinstall them, and still none of my hardware
> is
> recognized, not even my mouse. All drivers seem to be installed
> correctly.
> Can my usb ports be fried? I dunno. Help! Any suggestions. Thanx.

Hi there

try reinstalling windows itself but take a backup before that.

--
asim662