Good RAM help??

When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about good help

    For pc3200 I use OCZ platinum rev 2, Geil ultra, PQI turbo

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    >examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

    Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

    <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    >>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks
    >
    > Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

    seems like a post to both here and 86-64 would be what I'd do. Any reason
    why not?

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    I have been meaning to ask that question for so long now.
    Corsair are generally classed as 'good' RAM from what I have read,
    and people usually go along the lines of the price of RAM.

    however, the other week i bought 'Samsung / 256MB / PC3200 / DDR400
    ' for only £25 from eBay and am currently running at 266mhz and
    havent suffered any crashes whatsoever whilst my computer runs 24/7
    with heavy duty programs running, plus games every now and then.

    I'm not an OC expert or anything but that is pretty good to me.
    [the comp. only runs the one 256mb stick because ive just upgraded
    my mobo and the old RAM wasnt compatible]

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC1
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    > Corsair are generally classed as 'good' RAM from what I have read,
    Warning on Corsair. I bought a stick of Value Select, then another one a
    month later. They are completely different and won't run dual channel.
    Neither are actual Corsairs. They do offer dual channel kits of it.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    uce@ftc.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    <borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    >>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks
    >
    > Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

    We try to keep you happy, boro-my-lad :-) :-) !

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:36:38 GMT, "Dave" <dave2972@hotmail.com> wrote:

    ><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
    >> wrote:

    >>>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    >>>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

    >> Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

    >We try to keep you happy, boro-my-lad :-) :-) !

    Thanks Dave, preciated M8, G2G
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    I have no idea why people say "use good ram" when what they really mean to
    say is "don`t use that cheap generic Chinese ram".
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    XYZ wrote:
    > When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    > examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

    depends what type/speed ram (mobo compliant) your looking for.
    I use BH5 with my barton 2500+ on an abit nf7-s mobo. its rated speed
    is 200, i run it at a modest 209 (= 418 fsb) for rock solid stability.

    g'luck

    --
    Convert & Proud Adopter of ...
    Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 & my new favorite Browser ... FireFox 1.0

    "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com> wrote in

    > When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
    > examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

    http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2226

AMD Overclocking Hardware RAM