Good RAM help??

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 1, 2005 6:48:39 PM

When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

More about : good ram

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 1, 2005 6:48:40 PM

For pc3200 I use OCZ platinum rev 2, Geil ultra, PQI turbo

"XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com> wrote in message
> When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
> examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2005 2:18:56 AM

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
wrote:

>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2005 2:18:57 AM

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
>>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks
>
> Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

seems like a post to both here and 86-64 would be what I'd do. Any reason
why not?

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2005 3:54:30 AM

I have been meaning to ask that question for so long now.
Corsair are generally classed as 'good' RAM from what I have read,
and people usually go along the lines of the price of RAM.

however, the other week i bought 'Samsung / 256MB / PC3200 / DDR400
' for only £25 from eBay and am currently running at 266mhz and
havent suffered any crashes whatsoever whilst my computer runs 24/7
with heavy duty programs running, plus games every now and then.

I'm not an OC expert or anything but that is pretty good to me.
[the comp. only runs the one 256mb stick because ive just upgraded
my mobo and the old RAM wasnt compatible]

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC1
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2005 3:54:31 AM

> Corsair are generally classed as 'good' RAM from what I have read,
Warning on Corsair. I bought a stick of Value Select, then another one a
month later. They are completely different and won't run dual channel.
Neither are actual Corsairs. They do offer dual channel kits of it.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.
January 2, 2005 12:36:38 PM

<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
>>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks
>
> Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

We try to keep you happy, boro-my-lad :-) :-) !
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 2, 2005 4:28:08 PM

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:36:38 GMT, "Dave" <dave2972@hotmail.com> wrote:

><borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:48:39 -0500, "XYZ" <replytogroup@nospam.com>
>> wrote:

>>>When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
>>>examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

>> Well at least you didn't cross post, for which I'm grateful

>We try to keep you happy, boro-my-lad :-) :-) !

Thanks Dave, preciated M8, G2G
January 7, 2005 6:37:51 AM

I have no idea why people say "use good ram" when what they really mean to
say is "don`t use that cheap generic Chinese ram".
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2005 7:03:43 AM

XYZ wrote:
> When everyone says buy "Good" ram for overclocking, what would be some
> examples of "Good" ram? I need to make a purchase soon. Thanks

depends what type/speed ram (mobo compliant) your looking for.
I use BH5 with my barton 2500+ on an abit nf7-s mobo. its rated speed
is 200, i run it at a modest 209 (= 418 fsb) for rock solid stability.

g'luck

--
Convert & Proud Adopter of ...
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 & my new favorite Browser ... FireFox 1.0

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2226
!