jacob

when I got my computer, there was a 2100+ xp athlon processor in it. After
some months, I suddenly discovered that when I checked my system under the
controlpanel, it seemed to be a 1500+ xp athlon processor.
I have never touched Bios, and I have only touched my hardisc and
graphiccard a couple of times, so i think it must be something i've
unfortunately have changed in windows xp, could this be true?
Do anyone have an idea of what could cause this problem and how I could fix
it.

Where are you seeing this change?
Within Device Manager, or in the System control panel (on the general tab)

Check your FSB anyways, because if your computer ever crashed at POST,
there's a good chance your motherboard automatically turned down your FSB.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I got my computer, there was a 2100+ xp athlon processor in it. After
> some months, I suddenly discovered that when I checked my system under the
> controlpanel, it seemed to be a 1500+ xp athlon processor.
> I have never touched Bios, and I have only touched my hardisc and
> graphiccard a couple of times, so i think it must be something i've
> unfortunately have changed in windows xp, could this be true?
> Do anyone have an idea of what could cause this problem and how I could
> fix
> it.

"Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>when I got my computer, there was a 2100+ xp athlon processor in it. After
>some months, I suddenly discovered that when I checked my system under the
>controlpanel, it seemed to be a 1500+ xp athlon processor.
>I have never touched Bios, and I have only touched my hardisc and
>graphiccard a couple of times, so i think it must be something i've
>unfortunately have changed in windows xp, could this be true?
>Do anyone have an idea of what could cause this problem and how I could fix
>it.

According to the specs that I can find online the Athlon XP 2100+ CPU
runs at an actual speed of 1733 mhz (13 x 133 mhz) and the Athlon XP
1500+ runs at 1333 mhx (10 x 133 mhz)

I would suspect that your BIOS setup has somehow been changed and the
CPU multiplier is set at 10 instead of 13.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP