watercooling??? should i?

lee

I currently got a barton 2500+ clocked to 3200+ using a Thermaltake Volcano
7+ and am getting fed up with the noise its producing so I am considering
going over to watercooling again! (yes I once had koolance prebuilt
watercooling case but had bad experience it leaked :()

I would want least noise possible and be as cheap as possible if I have to
build it up myself or preferably a pre-built one of good quality (Vapochill
too expensive)

I also like my current atx case so a kit with good adapability would be a
major requirement.

Anyone any suggestions?? just dipping my toe in water :)

cheers.
-----
Lee.

Apollo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"David Johnstone" <david_ffm@mail.com> wrote in message
> What about the Zalman Reserator 1?
> http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/code_list.asp?code=021
> Has anyone good or bad experiences with that?
> It seems to be one of the few for socket 939, and it is
> widely available and reasonably priced here in Germany
> (around EUR170 mail order).
> It looks decent but I have never seen one close up or built
> one into a system. Any good?
> David

I don't have any direct experience of the Res 1, the 2 people I know who
have them say;
They're good for reducing noise (but so is a decent air cooler) and they
look pretty cool.
They're not as good as air (or proper water) for overclocking,
temperature easily exceeds 55-60C with 1.75 vcore on both systems at 22C
ambient.

--
Ian

A lower priced kit that works perfectly and doesnt leak. I've been using one
for 2 years now.
www.wetandchillychips.co.uk