Good compatable graphics card for an Abit NF7-S?

Can someone recommend a decent card for an NF7-S. I dont do much
gaming so is there something under $100 that works well? The ones that
Abit recommends seem a little hard to find. The manual says the MB
supports only 1.5 or 0.8 volt cards.

"Percy Dovetonsils" <Percy@mccard.net> wrote in message
> Can someone recommend a decent card for an NF7-S. I dont do much
> gaming so is there something under $100 that works well? The ones that
> Abit recommends seem a little hard to find. The manual says the MB
> supports only 1.5 or 0.8 volt cards.

I recently put a geforce FX5700 LE 128mb in my AN7-S. Cost less than £50
and overclocks from 250/400mhz (gpu/memory) to over 500mhz for the gpu - I
have been running it at 482/482mhz (stable speed for memory) which puts its
benchmarks in Aquamark3 very close to the full FX5700 (which I think is
450/800mhz) at twice the price and about the same as an FX5600 in 3dmark
2003.

Thanks very much guys for your suggestions.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 18:48:09 +0000 (UTC), "Hippy Paul" <null@anon.con>
wrote:

>"Percy Dovetonsils" <Percy@mccard.net> wrote in message
>> Can someone recommend a decent card for an NF7-S. I dont do much
>> gaming so is there something under $100 that works well? The ones that
>> Abit recommends seem a little hard to find. The manual says the MB
>> supports only 1.5 or 0.8 volt cards.
>
>I recently put a geforce FX5700 LE 128mb in my AN7-S. Cost less than £50
>and overclocks from 250/400mhz (gpu/memory) to over 500mhz for the gpu - I
>have been running it at 482/482mhz (stable speed for memory) which puts its
>benchmarks in Aquamark3 very close to the full FX5700 (which I think is
>450/800mhz) at twice the price and about the same as an FX5600 in 3dmark
>2003.

"Percy Dovetonsils" wrote
> Can someone recommend a decent card for an NF7-S. I dont do much
> gaming so is there something under $100 that works well? The ones that
> Abit recommends seem a little hard to find. The manual says the MB
> supports only 1.5 or 0.8 volt cards.

Hi,

what the manual is saying is that the NF7-S supports AGP 4x (1.5v) and AGP
8x (0.8v) cards only. Some older cards that were AGP 2x needed 3.3v to
whizz! If you put one of these AGP 2x cards you could cause serious issues!

I can recommend either the RADEON 9700Pro or *for a few dollar more* you
could get a RADEON 9800Pro. Both these cards work great on the NF7-s! and I
think its probably worth spending the extra to get a 9800Pro!

Wayne ][