will there be a problem running windows XP with an Athlon ..

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on the
processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
architecture won't jive...

thx,eric

BillL

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

"eric" <ershe@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on the
> processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
> architecture won't jive...
>
> thx,eric

Should be fine - that's the elegance of AMD's solution 64 Bit compatibility
with excellent 32 bit performance and stability. There are still problems
with the trial/beta version of WinXP64 because some HW producers do not
supply 64 Bit compatible drivers.

BillL

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If I a'lready have XP is the winXP64 a free download from microsoft ?

"BillL" <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> "eric" <ershe@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on
the
> > processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
> > architecture won't jive...
> >
> > thx,eric
> >

> Should be fine - that's the elegance of AMD's solution 64 Bit
compatibility
> with excellent 32 bit performance and stability. There are still problems
> with the trial/beta version of WinXP64 because some HW producers do not
> supply 64 Bit compatible drivers.
>
> BillL

i don't think so.It will be a new operating system
--

Steve H