will there be a problem running windows XP with an Athlon ..

just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on the
processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
architecture won't jive...

thx,eric
3 answers Last reply
More about will problem running windows athlon

    "eric" <ershe@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on the
    > processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
    > architecture won't jive...
    >
    > thx,eric

    Should be fine - that's the elegance of AMD's solution 64 Bit compatibility
    with excellent 32 bit performance and stability. There are still problems
    with the trial/beta version of WinXP64 because some HW producers do not
    supply 64 Bit compatible drivers.

    BillL

    If I a'lready have XP is the winXP64 a free download from microsoft ?

    "BillL" <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "eric" <ershe@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on
    the
    > > processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
    > > architecture won't jive...
    > >
    > > thx,eric
    > >

    > Should be fine - that's the elegance of AMD's solution 64 Bit
    compatibility
    > with excellent 32 bit performance and stability. There are still problems
    > with the trial/beta version of WinXP64 because some HW producers do not
    > supply 64 Bit compatible drivers.
    >
    > BillL

    i don't think so.It will be a new operating system
    --

    Steve H
    > If I a'lready have XP is the winXP64 a free download from microsoft ?
    >

    > "BillL" <billc1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > "eric" <ershe@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > > just wondering because i see some 64/32 compatibility things listed on
    > the
    > > > processors and didnt want to have an O/S not work because the CPU
    > > > architecture won't jive...
    > > >
    > > > thx,eric
    > > >

    > > Should be fine - that's the elegance of AMD's solution 64 Bit
    > compatibility
    > > with excellent 32 bit performance and stability. There are still
    problems
    > > with the trial/beta version of WinXP64 because some HW producers do not
    > > supply 64 Bit compatible drivers.
    > >
    > > BillL

AMD Overclocking Windows XP