Gunman kills 12 in Colorado movie theater

Yea, his home was boobytrapped as well, but he forgot to use guns, dang, no political statement there to use.
I guess bombs are OK, just like in northern Ireland, where guns are illegal, and no one gets killed

riser

Illustrious
Regarding the guns, don't mention that the area is heavily Democrats and liberals. I was out there when there was the church shooting in Colorado Springs right after Columbine.

Guns aren't the issue. He could have easily made a bunch of grenades, or other devices. He could have made his own gun. One shooting per the millions of guns that are used daily. The crime rates are something like .02% of all guns in the US are used in crimes. Before they're ever used in a crime, nearly 100% of criminals broke multiple laws before even using the gun.

riser

Illustrious

Never were allowed, unless you lived in Michigan, had a carry permit, and didn't have a stock on the AK. :D

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I agree lets desensitize the issue so that we can generalize blame to a large portion of people that have opposing viewpoints.

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

I dont think any of us are Brian Ross......

Some tongue in cheek brought to you by the New Yorker magazine.

To that end, Mr. Klugian said, the N.R.A. would use money from its PAC, the N.R.A. Political Victory Fund, to support politicians who favored a ban on filmed entertainment.
“It is time for us to stop the madness,” said Speaker of the House John Boehner. “As a first step, I am proposing legislation that would impose a two-year waiting period and background check before one is allowed to see a Hollywood release.”

riser

Illustrious
He was the newscaster who found a name that matched the shooter's who lived in Aurora. He made a bold claim.. even though there were 8 people of the same name in the area.

Wait ... doesn't batman dress like that?

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011

I think this guy was going for a few Batman tie-ins. I know this sounds terrible but this guy might have been trying to recreate another batman chapter......

Does anyone remember the circumstances of Batman's parents death?