Wireless Network Connection Stuck on "Acquiring Network Ad..

I have a PC and a laptop, one with an Am1772 wireless PCI card, the other
with the same card except it's PCMCIA. When I try to set up an ad-hoc
wireless network, everything goes fine until I get to actually connecting.
The connection gets stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" on both PCs. They
both have "set IP automatically" on them and ICS is not used (yet). At one
point I got a "Limited or No Connectivity" error on my laptop, but that's
gone now. Both machines have XP SP2 on them. Also, when I do IPConfig when
they're both stuck, both of them say their IP is 0.0.0.0! I did get them to
connect once, but then the connection died and I couldn't get it again.

Hi, I had a similar problem and the error appeared because I had the DHCP
Client service in manual mode... I just started the service and turned it to
automatic mode and solved the problem!

Regards,

"nickspoon" wrote:

> I have a PC and a laptop, one with an Am1772 wireless PCI card, the other
> with the same card except it's PCMCIA. When I try to set up an ad-hoc
> wireless network, everything goes fine until I get to actually connecting.
> The connection gets stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" on both PCs. They
> both have "set IP automatically" on them and ICS is not used (yet). At one
> point I got a "Limited or No Connectivity" error on my laptop, but that's
> gone now. Both machines have XP SP2 on them. Also, when I do IPConfig when
> they're both stuck, both of them say their IP is 0.0.0.0! I did get them to
> connect once, but then the connection died and I couldn't get it again.

Charlie

Yes, I've had a similar problem, and have checked the DHCP client service,
which says it is both running and automatic. But still no joy :-(