amd athlon 2000+ thoro A multiplier >12,5

Gordon

Hi, this is my first post in this ng... very good ng :)
I' ve a problem with my thoro A 2000+... it's unloked cpu and i can
selesct multipliers from 5X to 12,5X but i need multipliers higher like
18X or 20X... there's a method with L3 bridges to select these
multipliers. how can i use L3 bridges? i must cut or connect the
bridges? other solutions in the socket?
Please somebody help me... a little help for an overclok' beginner :)

Gordon wrote:
> Hi, this is my first post in this ng... very good ng :)
> I' ve a problem with my thoro A 2000+... it's unloked cpu and i can
> selesct multipliers from 5X to 12,5X but i need multipliers higher like
> 18X or 20X... there's a method with L3 bridges to select these
> multipliers. how can i use L3 bridges? i must cut or connect the
> bridges? other solutions in the socket?
> Please somebody help me... a little help for an overclok' beginner :)

check here, may be of help ...
Step by step guide how to cut and paint the AMD Athlon XP, Morgan,
T-Bred,etc bridges:
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html

credit ... I found this link at Overclockers Australia
(http://forums.overclockers.com.au)

g'luck

--
Convert & Proud Adopter of ...
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 & my new favorite Browser ... FireFox 1.0

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:27:06 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post in this ng... very good ng :) I' ve a problem
> with my thoro A 2000+... it's unloked cpu and i can selesct multipliers
> from 5X to 12,5X but i need multipliers higher like 18X or 20X... there's
> a method with L3 bridges to select these multipliers. how can i use L3
> bridges? i must cut or connect the bridges? other solutions in the socket?
> Please somebody help me... a little help for an overclok' beginner :)

You aren't going to get this cpu to run with a 20x multiplier even with a
100Mhz FSB, and anthing over 13.5 is probably out of the question with a
133MHz. Without knowing what MB you have I hesitate to do this, but it's
your cpu. I wouldn't try much over 1800MHz.

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

http://fab51.com/index-e.html

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:27:06 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post in this ng... very good ng :) I' ve a problem
> with my thoro A 2000+... it's unloked cpu and i can selesct multipliers
> from 5X to 12,5X but i need multipliers higher like 18X or 20X... there's
> a method with L3 bridges to select these multipliers. how can i use L3
> bridges? i must cut or connect the bridges? other solutions in the socket?
> Please somebody help me... a little help for an overclok' beginner :)

You should probably read the link below too.

Gordon

Wes Newell ha scritto:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:27:06 +0000, Gordon wrote:
>

>>Hi, this is my first post in this ng... very good ng :) I' ve a problem
>>with my thoro A 2000+... it's unloked cpu and i can selesct multipliers
>>from 5X to 12,5X but i need multipliers higher like 18X or 20X... there's
>>a method with L3 bridges to select these multipliers. how can i use L3
>>bridges? i must cut or connect the bridges? other solutions in the socket?
>>Please somebody help me... a little help for an overclok' beginner :)
>

> You should probably read the link below too.

my motherboard is asus a7v 1.02 (kt133 not kt133a) bus is 100*2 non
133... a multiplier like 18 could be very good... 100*18=1800 MHz

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:45:02 +0000, Gordon wrote:

> my motherboard is asus a7v 1.02 (kt133 not kt133a) bus is 100*2 non 133...
> a multiplier like 18 could be very good... 100*18=1800 MHz

Use the pinmod. Take note of the warning at the bottom of it's page. Or
what *might* be easier and more versitile, use manul jumper mode and pull
AJ 27 high with the pinmod and then use the A7V jumpers to set the speed.
A speed setting of 9.5 with the A7V jumpers would then equate to 18. See
multiplier cross ref. in link below. Note that this will not work using
the bios multiplier setting mode so you have to use the jumper mode. See
Jen in manual.

Gordon

pin mode? put a wire in the socket' holes to connect processor pins? or
a wire (a ring) around the pins? I will try.