Any upgrades needed for DVD-movie watching?

I just bought a new LCD monitor and am struggling to view DVD movie on
my PC at the best possible results. Here's my specs:

CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
Mainboard: ASRock K7VT4A Pro
RAM: DDR 512MB
VGA: ATI Radeon 9550 DDR2 256MB 450/700 MHz
Monitor: Sony HS95P LCD 19" (DVI connection)
OS: Windows XP SP2 with all current updates
DVD software: WinDVD (latest version)

The picture is not as good as I expected. It seems to consist of tiny
squares, especially in fast-moving frames but the colors look all
right. I wonder whether upgrading the CPU will help or is it just
inherent of LCD monitor this size?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Taksina
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrades needed movie watching

    You would need to make sure that you:

    1) Are running the latest ATi drivers
    2) Have the latest chipset drivers installed
    3) Installed the correct Sony LCD drivers

    Also, WinDVD has just released an update today!

    "Taksina" <taksinai@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just bought a new LCD monitor and am struggling to view DVD movie on
    > my PC at the best possible results. Here's my specs:
    >
    > CPU: Athlon XP 2000+
    > Mainboard: ASRock K7VT4A Pro
    > RAM: DDR 512MB
    > VGA: ATI Radeon 9550 DDR2 256MB 450/700 MHz
    > Monitor: Sony HS95P LCD 19" (DVI connection)
    > OS: Windows XP SP2 with all current updates
    > DVD software: WinDVD (latest version)
    >
    > The picture is not as good as I expected. It seems to consist of tiny
    > squares, especially in fast-moving frames but the colors look all
    > right. I wonder whether upgrading the CPU will help or is it just
    > inherent of LCD monitor this size?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Taksina