Waterchill CPU Block Received Unassembled

I bought a Waterchill Kit for Xmas, and have just got round to installing
it.

The CPU block was unassembled, is this normal?

I would screw the metal block to the clear acrillic top, but I have noticed
that the surface of the metal block is not perfectly flat. The area around
the drilled holes have swarf still attached to the block. As a result the
surfaces stand about 1/2mm apart around the entire join.

Is it ok to screw the parts together tightly, until it beds itself?
Should I use some silicone gasket to ensure a watertight bond?

Regards, Darren
1 answer Last reply
More about waterchill block received unassembled

    Send it back and complain.

    "drone" <drone@drone.drone> wrote in message
    >I bought a Waterchill Kit for Xmas, and have just got round to installing
    >it.
    >
    > The CPU block was unassembled, is this normal?
    >
    > I would screw the metal block to the clear acrillic top, but I have
    > noticed that the surface of the metal block is not perfectly flat. The
    > area around the drilled holes have swarf still attached to the block. As a
    > result the surfaces stand about 1/2mm apart around the entire join.
    >
    > Is it ok to screw the parts together tightly, until it beds itself?
    > Should I use some silicone gasket to ensure a watertight bond?
    >
    > Regards, Darren

AMD Overclocking CPUs