lee

I put an older Samsung CD ROM in a computer I just built, then
installed Win Xp Home on it using this same drive to do the install.
After
installation I tried to use the CD ROM to install software, and it will
not load the disc. When a disc is loaded the cursor shows a disc as if
tool bar desktop shortcut menu and placing the cursor on the drive when
accessed here it always shows empty. It is recognized in the device
manager and shows to have no problems. Ran the troubleshooter with no
success. Checked out Doug's Tips and Tweaks and nothing there helped.
Any ideas, or is this drive just dead. Thanks, Lee

Most probably you need a driver upgrade for your cd. You should check that at
your manufacturer's site. If that doesn't work there is incompatibility for
that drive to use in Windows XP.

--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"Lee" wrote:

> I put an older Samsung CD ROM in a computer I just built, then
> installed Win Xp Home on it using this same drive to do the install.
> After
> installation I tried to use the CD ROM to install software, and it will
> not load the disc. When a disc is loaded the cursor shows a disc as if
> tool bar desktop shortcut menu and placing the cursor on the drive when
> accessed here it always shows empty. It is recognized in the device
> manager and shows to have no problems. Ran the troubleshooter with no
> success. Checked out Doug's Tips and Tweaks and nothing there helped.
> Any ideas, or is this drive just dead. Thanks, Lee

TRENDING THREADS