USB wont read devices

Whenever I plug something in to the usb port, my computer doesnt pick it up.
In the device manager all my USB stuff has yellow exclamation points by it.
The General USB touble shooting just says something about making sure its set
to IRQ 9 but I dont know how to check that.
1 answer Last reply
More about wont read devices

    Mikie wrote:
    > Whenever I plug something in to the usb port, my computer doesnt pick it up.
    > In the device manager all my USB stuff has yellow exclamation points by it.
    > The General USB touble shooting just says something about making sure its set
    > to IRQ 9 but I dont know how to check that.

    To check the IRQ's, start from Device Manager and under View,
    click on Resources by Type. Expand the Interrupt Request (IRQ)
    line. But USB might not be at IRQ 9; it could be anywhere and
    its value depends on the type of computer as well.

    But one thing to do and it might have been overlooked was to
    install the USB drivers for the motherboard. There is usually
    an utility cdrom that comes with the computer and would have
    all of the motherboard drivers. Install the USB drivers from
    the cdrom.

Hardware Device Manager USB Devices Microsoft Windows XP