USB wont read devices

September 16, 2005 11:00:02 PM

Whenever I plug something in to the usb port, my computer doesnt pick it up.
In the device manager all my USB stuff has yellow exclamation points by it.
The General USB touble shooting just says something about making sure its set
to IRQ 9 but I dont know how to check that.

More about : usb wont read devices

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:22:57 AM

Mikie wrote:
> Whenever I plug something in to the usb port, my computer doesnt pick it up.
> In the device manager all my USB stuff has yellow exclamation points by it.
> The General USB touble shooting just says something about making sure its set
> to IRQ 9 but I dont know how to check that.

To check the IRQ's, start from Device Manager and under View,
click on Resources by Type. Expand the Interrupt Request (IRQ)
line. But USB might not be at IRQ 9; it could be anywhere and
its value depends on the type of computer as well.

But one thing to do and it might have been overlooked was to
install the USB drivers for the motherboard. There is usually
an utility cdrom that comes with the computer and would have
all of the motherboard drivers. Install the USB drivers from
the cdrom.
!