Can I make a copy of my XP installation cd.

Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?
4 answers Last reply
More about make copy installation

    yes
    yes
    peterk

    "Bob Horvath" <bhorvath13@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
    > scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?

    On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:

    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Bob

    >yes
    >yes
    >peterk

    You should also consider updating the XP install CD so that SP2 will be
    installed automatically next time you re-install XP. This is known as
    "slipstreaming".

    > On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > Thanks for the reply.
    > Bob
    >
    >>yes
    >>yes
    >>peterk

    Bob,

    Here's a link for a simple and foolproof way to slipstream using the XP Pro
    disc and the SP2 disc: http://www.nliteos.com/

    Wayne

    "Yves Leclerc" <yvesleclercNOSPAM@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > You should also consider updating the XP install CD so that SP2 will be
    > installed automatically next time you re-install XP. This is known as
    > "slipstreaming".
    >

    > "Bob Horvath" <bhorvath13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> Thanks for the reply.
    >> Bob
    >>
    >>>yes