Can I make a copy of my XP installation cd.

September 17, 2005 11:43:43 PM

Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?

More about : make copy installation

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 11:43:44 PM

yes
yes
peterk

"Bob Horvath" <bhorvath13@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Can I make a copy of my XP cd for backup in case the original gets
> scratched or something. Will it work just like the original?

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:39:33 AM

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Bob

>yes
>yes
>peterk
September 18, 2005 6:49:48 PM

You should also consider updating the XP install CD so that SP2 will be
installed automatically next time you re-install XP. This is known as
"slipstreaming".

> On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:35:58 -0600, Bob Horvath wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply.
> Bob
>
>>yes
>>yes
>>peterk

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:24:55 PM

Bob,

Here's a link for a simple and foolproof way to slipstream using the XP Pro
disc and the SP2 disc: http://www.nliteos.com/

Wayne

news:o KlJAHIvFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!