O/c a 2500 or 2600 mobile processor question

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
January 11, 2005 2:29:05 AM

I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at this
bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 12, 2005 12:04:51 PM

Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
"Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> gelbs wrote:
>> I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
>> limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at
>> this bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?
>
> Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
> http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
> A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
> http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2005 9:10:18 PM

I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my cpu
to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?

"gelbs" <gelbs@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
> "Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> gelbs wrote:
>>> I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
>>> limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at
>>> this bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?
>>
>> Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
>> http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
>> A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
>> http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 27, 2005 7:38:24 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:10:18 -0500, J Poy wrote:

> I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my
> cpu to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
> Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?

Yes, yes. But all the newer XP's are multiplier locked, so you'll either
need an XP with a default 133Mhz FSB (/266 model) are one that isn't
multiplier locked like an XP-M or MP. See link below fro more info.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 27, 2005 3:09:43 PM

Not a chance in hell.

Well it might work but nowhere near its potential.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:10:18 -0500, "J Poy" <jpoy@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my cpu
>to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
>Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?
>

>"gelbs" <gelbs@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
>> "Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
>>> http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
>>> A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
>>> http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 27, 2005 3:09:44 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:09:43 +1100, Helllo wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:10:18 -0500, "J Poy" <jpoy@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>>I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my
>>cpu to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
>>Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?
>
> Not a chance in hell.

Good thing this isn't hell then.:-)

> Well it might work but nowhere near its potential.

True for a new locked multiplier 2500+. But not true for older unlocked
ones, any of the XP-M's or MP's which are still multiplier unlocked.
Several people or running XP-M barton cores with high multipliers,
available up to 24x

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 27, 2005 10:59:40 PM

"J Poy" <jpoy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my cpu
>to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
> Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?
>

> "gelbs" <gelbs@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
>> "Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
>>> http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
>>> A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
>>> http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

If its any help running an at7-max2 with a 2500M o\c 188*79.5 with 1.625v
and all okay
!