O/c a 2500 or 2600 mobile processor question

I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at this
bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?
7 answers Last reply
More about 2500 2600 mobile processor question

    gelbs wrote:
    > I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
    > limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at this
    > bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?

    Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
    http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
    A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
    http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

    Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
    "Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > gelbs wrote:
    >> I have an Asus A7N8X M/B and have never flashed the bios so I'm still
    >> limited to a 333FSB. Can i still achieve significant speed increase at
    >> this bus speed by playing with the clock speeds?
    >
    > Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
    > http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
    > A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
    > http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

    I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my cpu
    to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
    Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:10:18 -0500, J Poy wrote:

    > I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my
    > cpu to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
    > Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?

    Yes, yes. But all the newer XP's are multiplier locked, so you'll either
    need an XP with a default 133Mhz FSB (/266 model) are one that isn't
    multiplier locked like an XP-M or MP. See link below fro more info.

    http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

    Not a chance in hell.

    Well it might work but nowhere near its potential.

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:09:43 +1100, Helllo wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:10:18 -0500, "J Poy" <jpoy@sympatico.ca> wrote:
    >
    >>I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my
    >>cpu to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
    >>Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?
    >
    > Not a chance in hell.

    Good thing this isn't hell then.:-)

    > Well it might work but nowhere near its potential.

    True for a new locked multiplier 2500+. But not true for older unlocked
    ones, any of the XP-M's or MP's which are still multiplier unlocked.
    Several people or running XP-M barton cores with high multipliers,
    available up to 24x

    "J Poy" <jpoy@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >I have an Abit KT7A RAID mb ver.1.0 with 1GHZ Athalon, can I upgrade my cpu
    >to 2500 or 2600 M cpu?
    > Has anyone tried with this mb before with success?
    >

    > "gelbs" <gelbs@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> Thankks for the info . Pretty interesting
    >> "Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Find the 1007 UBER BIOS for it from
    >>> http://torkelom.nettbutikk.no/index.html and flash it.
    >>> A7N8X FAQ for more info is at,
    >>> http://www.geocities.com/amd_info/A7N8X/faq.htm

    If its any help running an at7-max2 with a 2500M o\c 188*79.5 with 1.625v
    and all okay

AMD Processors Overclocking