dual layer media not detected

Hi all,

I have an freecom external dual layer burner that shows empty when I
insert blank dual layer disks.

Any ideas?

My system specs are Pentium 4 2GHz, 512 Mb of RAM and the operating
system is XP.

Thanks.

--
bojangles
1 answer Last reply

    "bojangles" <bojangles.1vjydn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have an freecom external dual layer burner that shows empty when I
    > insert blank dual layer disks.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > My system specs are Pentium 4 2GHz, 512 Mb of RAM and the operating
    > system is XP.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > bojangles

    Are you sure your DVD software will recognize dual layer disks? Only the
    recent versions will. Recognizing dual layer disks is not a function of the
    hardware or the OS but of the DVD software.

Windows XP