dual layer media not detected

September 18, 2005 10:51:15 AM

Hi all,

I have an freecom external dual layer burner that shows empty when I
insert blank dual layer disks.

Any ideas?

My system specs are Pentium 4 2GHz, 512 Mb of RAM and the operating
system is XP.

Thanks.

--
bojangles
Anonymous

"bojangles" <bojangles.1vjydn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> I have an freecom external dual layer burner that shows empty when I
> insert blank dual layer disks.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> My system specs are Pentium 4 2GHz, 512 Mb of RAM and the operating
> system is XP.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> bojangles

Are you sure your DVD software will recognize dual layer disks? Only the
recent versions will. Recognizing dual layer disks is not a function of the
hardware or the OS but of the DVD software.
!