CD in CD player not recognized.

When I put a CD in the CD drive and try to see what is on the CD drive,no
information is shown.l
The drive that is having this problem is running Windows XP Pro. I have
removable hard drives and I replace the XP drive with a dirve running Win
2000 and all information is seen.
--
Max Lewis

I am not an expert but when this happened to me it was caused by a piece of
software that was installed with Nero, called InCD. When I removed it all
was well. It is supposed to be fixed in recent versions but if you are using
it try uninstalling InCD to see what happens.

Noel

"dml9w" <dml9w@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I put a CD in the CD drive and try to see what is on the CD drive,no
> information is shown.l
> The drive that is having this problem is running Windows XP Pro. I have
> removable hard drives and I replace the XP drive with a dirve running Win
> 2000 and all information is seen.
> --
> Max Lewis

Thanks for the ideas Noel. Nero InCD was on my system and I removed it, but
the problem remains.
I don't know if this related but when I insert a music CD, no information is
seen on the CD in My computer, but I can listen to the CD with Media Player.
Is there a connection or are these seperate issues?
--
Max Lewis

"Noel S Pamfree" wrote:

> I am not an expert but when this happened to me it was caused by a piece of
> software that was installed with Nero, called InCD. When I removed it all
> was well. It is supposed to be fixed in recent versions but if you are using
> it try uninstalling InCD to see what happens.
>
> Noel
>

> "dml9w" <dml9w@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I put a CD in the CD drive and try to see what is on the CD drive,no
> > information is shown.l
> > The drive that is having this problem is running Windows XP Pro. I have
> > removable hard drives and I replace the XP drive with a dirve running Win
> > 2000 and all information is seen.
> > --
> > Max Lewis

I had trouble like this when I installed the Roxio plug in for Audible.
Ultimately, I uninstalled the plug in and reinstalled it, and all worked
fine. I don't know if this would work with InCD, but it might be worth a
try.

> Thanks for the ideas Noel. Nero InCD was on my system and I removed it,
> but
> the problem remains.
> I don't know if this related but when I insert a music CD, no information
> is
> seen on the CD in My computer, but I can listen to the CD with Media
> Player.
> Is there a connection or are these seperate issues?
> --
> Max Lewis
>

> "Noel S Pamfree" wrote:
>
>> I am not an expert but when this happened to me it was caused by a piece
>> of
>> software that was installed with Nero, called InCD. When I removed it all
>> was well. It is supposed to be fixed in recent versions but if you are
>> using
>> it try uninstalling InCD to see what happens.
>>
>> Noel
>>

>> "dml9w" <dml9w@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I put a CD in the CD drive and try to see what is on the CD
>> > drive,no
>> > information is shown.l
>> > The drive that is having this problem is running Windows XP Pro. I have
>> > removable hard drives and I replace the XP drive with a dirve running
>> > Win
>> > 2000 and all information is seen.
>> > --
>> > Max Lewis

Max,

I would have thought that if InCD was causing your problem removing it would
have solved it.

Here is one other idea:

Start in safe mode, then uninstall the CD/DVD drives in Device Manger, then
reboot normally.

Hope this helps - it took me three weeks to find my solution!