I have just used the xp pro upgrade on a laptop that was Me. I had no
main cd rom drive but used a usb cd rom which I coppied the I386 file,
and ran it from desktop to great success. but now the usb port is not
being recognised. I have been told that the solution may be in the sp1/
sp2 disk, but as i have no drive I cant try that. Can any one point me
in the direction of a fix or is there a driver available for an Intel
82371AB/EB pci to usb controller.
I have tried the only compatable driver from driver guide .com but it
only runs on 95,98,me
:(

--
treelow