Unable to burn CD using ARTEC WSM-52X burner

ann

I am unable to burn a CD using an ARTEC WSM-52X running windows XP. I used
to have an external burner and it died. I am now trying to use the burner
that came with the PC. I have tried to burn picture files and music (using
iTunes) with no luck. It appears that the burner is recognized as a burner
because the messages show it starting to work whether I use the XP burning
program or iTunes. However, a short time into the burning process I get
error messages (iTunes error 4280) that it's unable to continue. I have
tried two different types of CDs. HELP!

iTunes software have been known to "take-over" the XP burning system. Check
with the "bundle" burning software that was 'supposed' the be included with
the Artec drive.

"Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to burn a CD using an ARTEC WSM-52X running windows XP. I used
> to have an external burner and it died. I am now trying to use the burner
> that came with the PC. I have tried to burn picture files and music
> (using
> iTunes) with no luck. It appears that the burner is recognized as a
> burner
> because the messages show it starting to work whether I use the XP burning
> program or iTunes. However, a short time into the burning process I get
> error messages (iTunes error 4280) that it's unable to continue. I have
> tried two different types of CDs. HELP!

ann

I do not have the 'bundled' burning software CD. How can I acquire this
bundled burning software (I think it is Nero)? It has been almost two years
since I purchased the pc. Are you indicating is that if I use the bundled
software, I won't need to use the XP software? Thanks.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> iTunes software have been known to "take-over" the XP burning system. Check
> with the "bundle" burning software that was 'supposed' the be included with
> the Artec drive.
>

> "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am unable to burn a CD using an ARTEC WSM-52X running windows XP. I used
> > to have an external burner and it died. I am now trying to use the burner
> > that came with the PC. I have tried to burn picture files and music
> > (using
> > iTunes) with no luck. It appears that the burner is recognized as a
> > burner
> > because the messages show it starting to work whether I use the XP burning
> > program or iTunes. However, a short time into the burning process I get
> > error messages (iTunes error 4280) that it's unable to continue. I have
> > tried two different types of CDs. HELP!

Read up here, see link below..
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
This is the update for the XP inbuilt burner, see link below and just snag
the update only...
http://www.highmat.com/download/
See also Nero trial ver here..
http://www.nero.com/en/nero-prog.php

j;-)

"Ann" wrote:

> I do not have the 'bundled' burning software CD. How can I acquire this
> bundled burning software (I think it is Nero)? It has been almost two years
> since I purchased the pc. Are you indicating is that if I use the bundled
> software, I won't need to use the XP software? Thanks.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
> > iTunes software have been known to "take-over" the XP burning system. Check
> > with the "bundle" burning software that was 'supposed' the be included with
> > the Artec drive.
> >

> > "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am unable to burn a CD using an ARTEC WSM-52X running windows XP. I used
> > > to have an external burner and it died. I am now trying to use the burner
> > > that came with the PC. I have tried to burn picture files and music
> > > (using
> > > iTunes) with no luck. It appears that the burner is recognized as a
> > > burner
> > > because the messages show it starting to work whether I use the XP burning
> > > program or iTunes. However, a short time into the burning process I get
> > > error messages (iTunes error 4280) that it's unable to continue. I have
> > > tried two different types of CDs. HELP!

TRENDING THREADS