M7NCD Pro and AMD 2500 XP Problem

I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine till
today when I tried to over clock my computer, saved the BIOS settings
and since then, I'm getting continuous beeps with same intervals.

Here is my system configuration:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2500 XP
Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro
RAM: KByte 512MB PC3200

I've tried to reset the BIOS through CMOS jumper and by taking the
battery off for more than an hour, didn't work. I've also tried to
take off the RAM and insert it again, same nothing happened. I'm
continuously getting this beep before the POST process as soon as I
turn PC on.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggested solution to this problem.

mohsin.nadeem@gmail.com wrote:
> I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine till
> today when I tried to over clock my computer, saved the BIOS settings
> and since then, I'm getting continuous beeps with same intervals.
>
> Here is my system configuration:
>
> CPU: AMD Athlon 2500 XP
> Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro
> RAM: KByte 512MB PC3200
>
> I've tried to reset the BIOS through CMOS jumper and by taking the
> battery off for more than an hour, didn't work. I've also tried to
> take off the RAM and insert it again, same nothing happened. I'm
> continuously getting this beep before the POST process as soon as I
> turn PC on.
>
> Please let me know if anyone has any suggested solution to this problem.

This link might help
http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/beep/

burger

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2004

mohsin.nadeem@gmail.com wrote:

> I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine till
> today when I tried to over clock my computer, saved the BIOS settings
> and since then, I'm getting continuous beeps with same intervals.
>
> Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro

Look for "Watchdog Technology" on page 22 of the motherboard manual:
ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/manuals/M7NCD%20PRO/M7NCDPROmanual.pdf

If that does not help, then try clearing the cmos data by following the
procedure shown on page 20 of the above mentioned manual. Many people
just make it wrong.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.

I got another 256MB PC2700 RAM, and replaced it with my current Kbyte
512MB PC3200, and it worked on very next boot. After that, I plugged in
512MB, and it worked fine.

I don't know why, this mobo doesn't boots on 512MB PC3200 RAM if
you are messing with BIOS to do overclocking stuff. Now I do remember
it did the same thing when I built my system a year ago, I borrowed RAM
from a friend, and it worked.

So guys, here are the stable settings I came up with after overclocking
and many CPU stress tests:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2500+XP
Mobo: Biostar M7NCD Pro 1.1
RAM: Kbyte 512MB PC3200
Multiplyer: 11
FSB: 200 MHz
Memory timmings: 6 - 3 - 3
CAS Latency: 2.5

Now this baby is running at 2.2 GHz and Windows displays it as AMD
3200+ :)

Again, thanks for your help.