motherboard opinion

Anyone have any reviews or opinions on the Jetway V600DAP.

It is based on the VIA Apollo KT600 chipset.

I am particularly interested in overclocking possibilities - can I lock the
AGP and PCI frequencies??

"Gareth Tuckwell" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have any reviews or opinions on the Jetway V600DAP.
>
> It is based on the VIA Apollo KT600 chipset.
>
> I am particularly interested in overclocking possibilities - can I lock
the
> AGP and PCI frequencies??

There is no lock.

The Via kt600 and 800 chips have no lock. You will need to look at boards
with kt800 pro or at least nforce2. Look at some boards with nforce2 chip.

"jacoby" <jacobykjh@comcast.net> wrote
> The Via kt600 and 800 chips have no lock. You will need to look at boards
> with kt800 pro or at least nforce2. Look at some boards with nforce2
> chip.

My kt880 has one. I don't know how good it is; I'm running at 166 x 13 with
a mobile 2200+ and pc2700.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
uce@ftc.gov
Thanks, robots.

Jetway and overclocking don't go together. What you want for any kind of decent
overclocking is Abit,Asus, even MSI.

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message

> My kt880 has one. I don't know how good it is; I'm running at 166 x 13
with
> a mobile 2200+ and pc2700.
>
>Ed Light

Yea. I did not that far up the ladder. Where are all the kt890 pro boards?
Isn't that Via's PCIe solution?

"jacoby" <jacobykjh@comcast.net> wrote

> Where are all the kt890 pro boards?
> Isn't that Via's PCIe solution?

I don't know, but they are talking about making single-chip ones like
nvidia.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/