USB Ethernet adapter

Hello,

I've got an USB Adapter on my XP machine.
I do need to keep alive my USB adapter, even if the network is NOT
available.
(the adapter seems to be in sleeping mode, if no network is connected...)

- Is there anybody, who can tell me how to disable this feature ??

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about ethernet adapter

    David M wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've got an USB Adapter on my XP machine.
    > I do need to keep alive my USB adapter, even if the network is NOT
    > available.
    > (the adapter seems to be in sleeping mode, if no network is
    > connected...)
    >
    > - Is there anybody, who can tell me how to disable this feature ??
    >
    > Thanks

    Go to the adapter's Properties from Device Manager (System applet in
    Control Panel). If there is a power management tab, uncheck "allow
    Windows to disable this device when not in use".

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com