Rasied multiplyer bluescreens XP

I have a Barton Core 2600+ XP with 512 L2 and every time I change the
multiplier from 11.5 to 12 the pc will boot until it does to open the
desktop and instantly bluescreens. Any suggestions?

>I have a Barton Core 2600+ XP with 512 L2 and every time I change the
>multiplier from 11.5 to 12 the pc will boot until it does to open the
>desktop and instantly bluescreens. Any suggestions?
The first website I went to said the 2600+ Barton Core was unlocked but
further searching I found that it is locked hence the blue screen. I've
raised the fsb to 207/34 and it's running stable now at 2380mhz but 208/35
causes a bluescreen and instant reboot.

If its locked it wont change any settings , even if you think you have
changed it in the bios.
More likely, is the need to up the voltage a notch on the CPU (VCORE)
Give it a try, but with all vaoltage raising, keep an eye on the CPU
temperature to check that the extra voltage hasnt raised the temperature too
much

Helinut wrote:
> If its locked it wont change any settings , even if you think you have
> changed it in the bios.
> More likely, is the need to up the voltage a notch on the CPU (VCORE)
> Give it a try, but with all vaoltage raising, keep an eye on the CPU
> temperature to check that the extra voltage hasnt raised the temperature too
> much

Spot on mate. I re-raised the multiplier to 12 and upped the vcore to
1.8 and it's running stable at 2.4Ghz amb 27C case 37C cpu 40C.
Thank you

--
ßlîñd$îdè

www.sellingfreak.com

icq: 107318558 yim: antti_hero

GCS d- s: a- C++ U++ P++ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w++ O--- M-
V PS+ PE Y+ PGP- t 5+ X== R* tv+ b DI D+ G e++ h* r+ y+--