Seeking Historic MAME Versions/ROM sets

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2005 4:05:26 AM

I am gathering historic versions of Mame/XMAME/MESS for archival
purposes. I've had good luck on my own, but it is difficult to locate
versions posted prior to the year 2000.

For Official Mame, I am looking for v0.36b10 - v0.36b16, the ones with
the Pong emulation and the gambling machine emulations. If you have the
source archives or diff files for these versions, I would like a copy.

For XMAME I am looking for all versions prior to v0.36b14, except for
v0.35.3 which I have already located. Keep in mind that source RPM
files for Redhat Linux systems typically contain unaltered source code
archives and may be a useful resource.

For MESS, I'm not finding much for source versions prior to v0.80.

Last, I am looking for sets of MAME CD/DVDs with the ROMs for various
points in MAME's evolution -- particularly the 0.3x versions where
there were many major changes (i.e. color proms) in a short period of
time.

If you can help me with any of these items please respond via e-mail.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 3:30:30 PM

> For Official Mame, I am looking for v0.36b10 - v0.36b16, the ones
with
> the Pong emulation and the gambling machine emulations. If you have
the
> source archives or diff files for these versions, I would like a
copy.

http://www.mame.net/oldmame.html
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 5:45:26 PM

You can't get v0.36b10 - v0.36b16 from there.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 5:57:45 PM

oopsi..yeah.....anyway.....I don't think there is any sense in
collecting old mame sources anyway 8)
!