Changing wpa key

Rupert

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a Netgear wireless router modem with wpa enabled. To change wpa key I
assume I log into the router and change the key in the appropriate section.
Having changed key how does the new key get assigned to each wireless laptop
and other wired devices ?

You don't need to change a key on the wired devices, WPA encryption is only
relevant to the wireless connections. On those, you will have to change the
WPA key on each of the connecting wireless devices individually.

Mike Bernstein

"Rupert" <rupert@onetel.net> wrote in message
>I have a Netgear wireless router modem with wpa enabled. To change wpa key
>I assume I log into the router and change the key in the appropriate
>section.
> Having changed key how does the new key get assigned to each wireless
> laptop and other wired devices ?

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001