CPU CLOCK FREQ

IS CPU CLOCK FREQ THE SAME THING AS FSB MHZ?

I C THEN HOW DO I UP MY CPU SPEED. LEAVEING EVERYTHING ALONE BUT THE
CPU CLOCK FREQ I HAVE MADE MY CPU TO GO FROM DEFAULT 166 AT 1.91GHZ
TO 188 AT 2.16. CAN I GO HIGHER SHOULD I TRY CHANGING THE CPU VCORE,
+12, AND +3.3?

i have a foxconn 400m01-g-6l mobo a amd athlon xp2600+ with 1x256 and
1x512 pc2700.

FSB 166MHZ THOUGHT WAS HIGHER HOPE IT CAN BE
DRAM 166MHZ
DRAM CLOCK CAN BE SET TO
133 0R 166 OR BYSPD
DRAM TIMMING CAN BE SET TO
AUTO BYSPD
TURBO
ULTRA
MANUAL AND IN THIS ONE I CAN AJUST
DRAM CAS LATENCY
BLANK INTERLEAVE
PRECHARGE TO ACTIVE (TRP)
ACTIVE TO PRECHARGE (TRAS)
ACTIVE TO CMD (TRACD)
DRAM COMMAND RATE
DRAM BURST LENGTH
WRITE RECOVERY TIME
TWTR FOR DDR 400 ONLY

I CAN CHANGE THE CPU FREQ FROM 166MHZ AT 1.91GHZ TO 188MHZ AT 2.16GHZ
BUT UNSTABLE. BUT ALL THESE OTHER SETTINGS I DON'T KNOW IF I CAN
CHANGE OR WHERE TO THE BIOS BOOK SAID TO CHANGE THE CPU CLOCK FREQ TO
OVERCLOCK BUT SHOULD I ANYTHING ELSE AND HOW MUCH?

CPU VCORE 1.691V
+12 IS AT 12.613
+3.3 IS AT 3.384
CPU CLOCK FREQ AT 166

HELP PLEASE
JAMES

no I'm afraid the CPU frequency is a multiple of the FrontSideBus. there is
a stepper setting which increases the CPU speed inline with the FSB.
166 FSB x (Stepper)10x = 1,666MHz or 1.6GHz.

Robin

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:32:16 -0500, dogofwarz wrote:

> IS CPU CLOCK FREQ THE SAME THING AS FSB MHZ?

Not really, but some (a lot?) of bioses use that for what should be called
FSB clock freq. You should be able to tell by looking at the current
setting. If it's under 300 it's the FSB.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

IF YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING who cares if it is UPPERCASE OR not

almost forgot if you have no good input don't input at all.

immerse your poot and yourself in the bath thus problems will be solved
maybe at least the caps will unstick

dogofwarz wrote:
> I C THEN HOW DO I UP MY CPU SPEED. LEAVEING EVERYTHING ALONE BUT THE
> CPU CLOCK FREQ I HAVE MADE MY CPU TO GO FROM DEFAULT 166 AT 1.91GHZ
> TO 188 AT 2.16. CAN I GO HIGHER SHOULD I TRY CHANGING THE CPU VCORE,
> +12, AND +3.3?

First of all, get your machine stable. You seem to be having a bit of a
problem with your caps-lock key at the moment. Second, say what you actually
have. CPU, motherboard, RAM.

--
Michael Brown
Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open

case113@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (dogofwarz) wrote in news:41f20f3d$1_
1@alt.athenanews.com:

> IF YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING who cares if it is UPPERCASE OR not

You will after everyone killfiles you and you get no usable responses to
your questions.

"dogofwarz" <case113@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>i have a foxconn 400m01-g-6l mobo a amd athlon xp2600+ with 1x256 and
> 1x512 pc2700.

<snip>

> CPU VCORE 1.691V
> +12 IS AT 12.613
> +3.3 IS AT 3.384
> CPU CLOCK FREQ AT 166

I am not sure but VIA state that the KM400 chipset is capable of 400mhz fsb
(or 200mhz cpu clock frequency). So the only questions really then are how
fast will the ram go - ie is 188mhz (assuming you are running at a 1:1
ratio) the limit of the pc2700 (or indeed quite a high limit for the 5th pci
divider), or is 2.16ghz the limit available with 1.69v vcore.

Try increasing vcore (if you can from the bios) and seeing how fast it will
go with more vcore. If you can not make adjustments from the bios, all cpu
changes can be made with pin mods/bridge mods (see www.ocinside.de or
www.emboss.co.nz for information on how).

As you state that the default speed of your 2600+ is 1.91ghz that sounds
like a Barton 2600+ with 11.5 multiplier. My old (unlocked) Barton 2500+
prefers to have at least 1.8v vcore to run happily at 2300mhz (11.5 x 200 -
though I run it at 10 x 233).

but all this is assuming the KM400 chipset can do 200mhz fsb (if it is like
the KT400 chipset then 188mhz fsb is extremely good). Failing 200mhz
capability you can in theory unlock the multiplier and set it using the
power now features to get a higher cpu speed.

BTW using all capitals is very hard to read and considered rude and
ignorant - as you are in effect shouting.

TRENDING THREADS