PC4000 ram

Hi,
Can anyone confirm to me that PC4000 - 500mhz ram will work in a NF2
motherboard (DFI ultra infinity - 400mhz).

Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.

Thanks

Andy
10 answers Last reply
More about pc4000

    Yes, it's backwards compatible.
    You can run it at whatever your mobo will allow - 100 MHz through 300 MHz.

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:

    > Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
    > 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.

    Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
    bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
    go that high.

    http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:
    >
    >> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
    >> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.
    >>
    > Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
    > bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
    > go that high.

    If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
    285 FSB has been achieved on it.

    "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
    >>> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.
    >>>
    >> Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
    >> bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
    >> go that high.
    >
    > If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
    > 285 FSB has been achieved on it.

    Depends what you mean by "can".

    I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works perfectly
    at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.

    The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
    strange reason.

    Chip

    "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

    > "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

    >>> Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
    >>> bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
    >>> go that high.
    >>
    >> If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
    >> 285 FSB has been achieved on it.
    >
    > Depends what you mean by "can".
    >
    > I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
    > perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
    >
    > The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
    > strange reason.

    Not in my experience.
    They're EXACTLY the same board.
    Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.

    > "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message

    >>> If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
    >>> 285 FSB has been achieved on it.
    >>
    >> Depends what you mean by "can".
    >>
    >> I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
    >> perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
    >>
    >> The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
    >> strange reason.
    >
    > Not in my experience.
    > They're EXACTLY the same board.
    > Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.

    If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a number
    of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and the various
    replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better overclocker. Ironic that
    you should mention that site as "proof", when quite the contrary is true.
    LOL.

    > "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    >>> Depends what you mean by "can".
    >>>
    >>> I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
    >>> perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
    >>>
    >>> The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for
    >>> some strange reason.
    >>
    >> Not in my experience.
    >> They're EXACTLY the same board.
    >> Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.
    >
    > If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a number
    > of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and the
    > various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better overclocker.
    > Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when quite the
    > contrary is true.

    Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
    board.
    Do you ever use your eyes ?

    > LOL.
    >
    > Chip

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

    >>> Not in my experience.
    >>> They're EXACTLY the same board.
    >>> Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.
    >>
    >> If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a
    >> number of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and
    >> the various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better
    >> overclocker. Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when
    >> quite the contrary is true.
    >
    > Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
    > board.
    > Do you ever use your eyes ?

    You're an aggressive wanker, aren't you. I really don't have time for
    tossers like you.

    <plonk>
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    >>> If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a
    >>> number of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and
    >>> the various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better
    >>> overclocker. Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when
    >>> quite the contrary is true.
    >>
    >> Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
    >> board.
    >> Do you ever use your eyes ?
    >>

    > You're an aggressive wanker, aren't you.

    No, just an observant one.

    I really don't have time for
    > tossers like you.

    What a relief.
    How's your mate Borolad ? <guffaw>

    > <plonk>

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Right here daft lad !

    ¸ô¶ó

AMD Overclocking RAM