PC4000 ram

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 22, 2005 2:00:11 PM

Hi,
Can anyone confirm to me that PC4000 - 500mhz ram will work in a NF2
motherboard (DFI ultra infinity - 400mhz).

Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.

Thanks

Andy

More about : pc4000 ram

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2005 3:08:41 PM

Yes, it's backwards compatible.
You can run it at whatever your mobo will allow - 100 MHz through 300 MHz.

"Michelle" <michellerendle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone confirm to me that PC4000 - 500mhz ram will work in a NF2
> motherboard (DFI ultra infinity - 400mhz).
>
> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andy

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2005 5:03:45 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:

> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.

Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
go that high.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2005 5:42:58 PM

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.01.22.14.04.37.869027@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:
>
>> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
>> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.
>>
> Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
> bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
> go that high.

If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
285 FSB has been achieved on it.

> http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

January 22, 2005 7:25:40 PM

"Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.01.22.14.04.37.869027@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
>> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:11 +0000, Michelle wrote:
>>
>>> Am I correct in guessing that it will work but at the reduced rate of
>>> 400mhz, unless I overclock the fsb.
>>>
>> Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
>> bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
>> go that high.
>
> If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
> 285 FSB has been achieved on it.

Depends what you mean by "can".

I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works perfectly
at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.

The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
strange reason.

Chip
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 22, 2005 8:20:00 PM

"Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:p an.2005.01.22.14.04.37.869027@TAKEOUTverizon.net...

>>> Yes. No, it will work at 200MHz DDR400, or 133MHz DDR266 if you set the
>>> bus speed that low. or up to 250MHz DDR500 if you can get your board to
>>> go that high.
>>
>> If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
>> 285 FSB has been achieved on it.
>
> Depends what you mean by "can".
>
> I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
> perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
>
> The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
> strange reason.

Not in my experience.
They're EXACTLY the same board.
Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.

> Chip

January 24, 2005 4:23:04 PM

> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
>>> news:p an.2005.01.22.14.04.37.869027@TAKEOUTverizon.net...

>>> If you're running a DFI NFII, you can take it up to 300 FSB DDR600.
>>> 285 FSB has been achieved on it.
>>
>> Depends what you mean by "can".
>>
>> I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
>> perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
>>
>> The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for some
>> strange reason.
>
> Not in my experience.
> They're EXACTLY the same board.
> Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.

If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a number
of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and the various
replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better overclocker. Ironic that
you should mention that site as "proof", when quite the contrary is true.
LOL.

Chip
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 24, 2005 6:23:21 PM

> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>> Depends what you mean by "can".
>>>
>>> I could not get above 245MHz with mine, yet the same ram now works
>>> perfectly at 292MHz in my new nforce3 motherboard.
>>>
>>> The NFII LanParty's are better overclockers than the Infinities, for
>>> some strange reason.
>>
>> Not in my experience.
>> They're EXACTLY the same board.
>> Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.
>
> If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a number
> of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and the
> various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better overclocker.
> Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when quite the
> contrary is true.

Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
board.
Do you ever use your eyes ?

> LOL.
>
> Chip

January 25, 2005 12:13:56 AM

> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

>>> Not in my experience.
>>> They're EXACTLY the same board.
>>> Go to PCPerspective - you'll find that's not the case.
>>
>> If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a
>> number of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and
>> the various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better
>> overclocker. Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when
>> quite the contrary is true.
>
> Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
> board.
> Do you ever use your eyes ?

You're an aggressive wanker, aren't you. I really don't have time for
tossers like you.

<plonk>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2005 1:57:18 PM

> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Forum User" <forum_user@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

>>> If you can be bothered to actually visit that site, you will find a
>>> number of posts from me asking why I can't get higher than 245MHz, and
>>> the various replies explaining that the Lanparty B is a better
>>> overclocker. Ironic that you should mention that site as "proof", when
>>> quite the contrary is true.
>>
>> Well I'm looking at the sig.s and if anything, the Infinity's the faster
>> board.
>> Do you ever use your eyes ?
>>

> You're an aggressive wanker, aren't you.

No, just an observant one.

I really don't have time for
> tossers like you.

What a relief.