I have installed Windows XP over Window Me.
I encounter a problem when trying to install
the printer. When I click on "Add a printer"
through "Printers and Other Hardware" in the
control panel, it throws up an error window
which says "Operation could not be completed".
I tried "Add Hardware" and chose LPT1 (which is
where my printer is connected), and in this wizard
I get a message "This device is working properly".

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Pai

If you kept your printer connected during the upgrade, you must start from
the beginning.

Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging