CD/DVD Drive Not Detected

Although a systems check says my cd/dvd drive is installed and working fine,
neither winamp or Sonic DigitalMedia LE detect a suitable drive when
commanded to burn a disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to update or upgrade your Winamp ver? Sonic DigitalMedia LE ver?
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php
As a last resort you might have to update the CD-DVD drives firmware?
http://www.iomagic.com/Firmware/NeroInfotool/neroinfotool.html
Or try Nero trial ware to see if it is worth it..
http://www.nero.com/en/nero-prog.php
Hope this helps..
j;-j