D-drive not reading disk!!

I am trying to install Norton Internet Security on my computer. When I
insert the disk it does not automatically read the disk and then I try to use
the My Computer way of having it read the disk, but it always says insert
disk in D drive. I put in another disk and it automatically brings up the
disk. I went back to the store and the CD works in the stores computer.
What is wrong????

You can try to clean the CD lens, with a CD lens cleaner CD.

"red3414" <red3414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install Norton Internet Security on my computer. When I
> insert the disk it does not automatically read the disk and then I try to
> use
> the My Computer way of having it read the disk, but it always says insert
> disk in D drive. I put in another disk and it automatically brings up the
> disk. I went back to the store and the CD works in the stores computer.
> What is wrong????

Try leaving the cd in the drive and reboot it may work that way if all else
fails. Also, do an online AV scan to see if you have problems before
installing NIS..
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=EIVSPWFYJOKMFIDPMSV
Hope this helps
j;-j