Overclockable Athlon64 Socket939 system

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,aus.ads.forsale.computers.new,iinet.general (More info?)

I'm a long term Intel user looking to return to AMD system building for the
first time in nearly five years. I need to build a few bang-for-buck systems
that will have a decent lifespan and upgrade path for the next couple of
years. Accordingly, the Socket 939 Athlon64 processors seem to be an
excellent choice in the current environment. The question is, which one?

I gather that there's a couple of different cores available. Can anyone
offer any insight or a website which covers the options, as well as the best
overclocking options. With the www.overclockers.com database down at the
moment, I've lost one of the best resources for checking the o/c'ing
potential of the different CPUs, and having been out of the loop for so
long, it seems I've got a bit of catching up to do.

All advice, suggestions and input greatly appreciated.

[Follow-ups set to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd only]

I've found this place helpful in the past ~ http://forums.amd.com/