Need recommendation for hsf

Hi, I just built yet another sempron system for a second machine.

I used basically the same stuff as my first pc:

Asus a7v400-mx
Sempron 2400+ (1.667ghz, 166mhz FSB)
512MB ram
etc.

I need to know what the best cooler (within reasonable price) is for
this setup? I've searched, and seen reviews on various websites, but
they seem to contradict eachother on certain models. I'm basically
looking for experiences with coolers. I had my eye on volcano (various
models), but unsure of these because of the poor performance I had with
my volcano 10 slim.

Thanks.

> Asus a7v400-mx
> Sempron 2400+ (1.667ghz, 166mhz FSB)
> 512MB ram
> etc.
>
> I need to know what the best cooler (within reasonable price) is for
> this setup?

The OCZ Gladiators do a pretty decent job, being all copper, and will only
set you back about $12.

steve

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:10:43 -0500, Browser Joe wrote:

> Hi, I just built yet another sempron system for a second machine.
>
> I used basically the same stuff as my first pc:
>
> Asus a7v400-mx
> Sempron 2400+ (1.667ghz, 166mhz FSB)
> 512MB ram
> etc.
>
> I need to know what the best cooler (within reasonable price) is for this
> setup? I've searched, and seen reviews on various websites, but they seem
> to contradict eachother on certain models. I'm basically looking for
> experiences with coolers. I had my eye on volcano (various models), but
> unsure of these because of the poor performance I had with my volcano 10
> slim.

Well, you aren't going to overclock it much so it really won't matter
much, For under $10, the TR2-M1 (or M3) is probably the best. This is all
I'd ever buy if I was buying more. It'll cool any oveclocked/overvolted K7
cpu, and do it quietly.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

get the thermaltake pipe 101 it's a bit bulky but it dropped my temps
ca. 10 degrees.