HP iPaq 4100 Series WM2003 SE

July 27, 2004 10:42:22 PM

Hello Everyone,

I see HP has a ROM Update for their 4150 series ipaq dating 18 June 2004.
Is this the WM 2003 SE? If not...are they going to have one?

Thank you in advance!

Joe
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 2:23:04 AM

Its not Second Edition. Historically, HP has charged for such updates.

In fact, there is quite an uproar in our community about HP's position that
they will not upgrade current iPAQ models to SE. PocketPCThoughts reported
on an online petition at...

http://pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?topic_id=30423
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

"Joe Lyons" <nospam@antispam.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I see HP has a ROM Update for their 4150 series ipaq dating 18 June 2004.
> Is this the WM 2003 SE? If not...are they going to have one?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Joe

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 5:10:23 AM

It seems there won't be a WM2003SE upgrade for the older
iPAQs....

NM
July 28, 2004 1:03:20 PM

Thank you for the information. I immediately signed the petition.

Joe

"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:e35zawHdEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Its not Second Edition. Historically, HP has charged for such updates.
>
> In fact, there is quite an uproar in our community about HP's position
that
> they will not upgrade current iPAQ models to SE. PocketPCThoughts reported
> on an online petition at...
>
> http://pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?topic_id=30423
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>
> "Joe Lyons" <nospam@antispam.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I see HP has a ROM Update for their 4150 series ipaq dating 18 June
2004.
> > Is this the WM 2003 SE? If not...are they going to have one?
> >
> > Thank you in advance!
> >
> > Joe

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 1:03:37 PM

"Nome Cognome" <nome.cognome@tin.it> wrote in message
> [...]
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 1:41:32 PM

"Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message news:<e35zawHdEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Its not Second Edition. Historically, HP has charged for such updates.
>
> In fact, there is quite an uproar in our community about HP's position that
> they will not upgrade current iPAQ models to SE. PocketPCThoughts reported
> on an online petition at...

I recall earlier reading that HP was going to offer upgrade for the
h2210. Is this no longer true?

Also, what benefits does 2003 SE offer? does it improve the speed or
stability/reliability of the system?

> http://pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?topic_id=30423
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 3:45:00 PM

According to HP they will NOT be offering the WM 2003 SE upgrade for any iPAQ...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Mike Henley" <mnhenley@msn.com> wrote in message
> "Todd Ogasawara, MVP Mobile Devices" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in message
>> Its not Second Edition. Historically, HP has charged for such updates.
>>
>> In fact, there is quite an uproar in our community about HP's position that
>> they will not upgrade current iPAQ models to SE. PocketPCThoughts reported
>> on an online petition at...
>>

> I recall earlier reading that HP was going to offer upgrade for the
> h2210. Is this no longer true?
>
> Also, what benefits does 2003 SE offer? does it improve the speed or
> stability/reliability of the system?
>
>> http://pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?topic_id=30423
>> --
>> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
>> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 7:54:52 PM

"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message news:<uSmb6IMdEHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> According to HP they will NOT be offering the WM 2003 SE upgrade for any iPAQ...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

What are we missing out on that we can't get with a third-party utility?
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:17:16 AM

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:42:22 -0500, "Joe Lyons" <nospam@antispam.com>
wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>I see HP has a ROM Update for their 4150 series ipaq dating 18 June 2004.
>Is this the WM 2003 SE? If not...are they going to have one?
>
>Thank you in advance!
>
>Joe

It is just updates for WM2003 not WM2003 :(

However I find that I never use my PDA now so if anyone in the UK
wants to buy a like new condition H4150, 256MB SD Card, proporta
leather case, proporta hard plastic 'crystal' case, thumbpad and an
OverlayPlus screen protector (1 on the PDA and 1 spare) for about £280
UKP go to http://mpugh.co.uk to get my email address and we can talk
about it :)
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 12:21:09 PM

Driver updates, firmware updates, bugfixes, additions to the OS
such as on the fly screen orientation switching, etc.
Nobody seems to have noticed that HP never actually said anything
confirming about the future support of the current line of
devices and their OS's. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no
more updates or fixes in the future at all for the current line.

~S.

mnhenley@msn.com (Mike Henley) wrote in

> What are we missing out on that we can't get with a third-party utility?

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

That's why I am considering along the MDA III line of products! ;)

!