I post to learn

New to this o/c'ing life style, built my first rig couple of weeks ago, and
took my first steps at oveclocking

mainy used ati tool for the gfx and "easytuner" for the cpu

Anyone know of any good upto date o/c'ing beginners guides.

Plus what do think of my attempts below

Thanks

--
"Blu-Ray"
2600+Sempron (O/C @2.046Ghz)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:15:13 +0000, Veritech wrote:

> New to this o/c'ing life style, built my first rig couple of weeks ago,
> and took my first steps at oveclocking
>
> mainy used ati tool for the gfx and "easytuner" for the cpu
>
> Anyone know of any good upto date o/c'ing beginners guides.
>
> Plus what do think of my attempts below
>
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2.046Ghz)

You need to set the FSB to 200MHz. or higher to get the most out of that
cpu. At 2046Mhz, you're just barely over the speed of an Athlon 2400+.
Shouldn't have a problem getting close to 2400MHz out of it if you can get
the FSB high enough. you will also probably need to raise vcore to 1.75v
or higher to get that far, but 11*200 shouldn't take more than 1.70v.
With a little luck you might even get 11x233, but I wouldn't count on it.
Probably won't get more than 210-220 on the FSB with that board unless
you've got some good ram or lower the base ram speed to 166.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

Veritech wrote:
> New to this o/c'ing life style, built my first rig couple of weeks ago, and
> took my first steps at oveclocking
>
> mainy used ati tool for the gfx and "easytuner" for the cpu
>
> Anyone know of any good upto date o/c'ing beginners guides.
>
> Plus what do think of my attempts below
>
> Thanks

I began my o/c'g education at overclockers forums ... proved to be very
fruitful for me ...
This is their "Gigabyte/amd" forum ...
http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

happy clockin'

--
Convert & Proud Adopter of ...
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0 & my new favorite Browser ... FireFox 1.0