Questor

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2004

I wonder if it is possible to plug a dvd player (who normally should be
connected to a television) to a pc (maybe with some special cables?)

Of course it's possible, but it will NOT work as a DVD-ROM when you connect
it, it's just a movie player..

You can connect it to a suitable VIVO-capable graphics card...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Questor" <Questor@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I wonder if it is possible to plug a dvd player (who normally should be
> connected to a television) to a pc (maybe with some special cables?)

Some newer DVD TV recorders are being delivered with USB or Firewire
connections, so these "may" show up as external DVD writers.

"Thomas Wendell" <tumppiw_NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Of course it's possible, but it will NOT work as a DVD-ROM when you
> connect
> it, it's just a movie player..
>
> You can connect it to a suitable VIVO-capable graphics card...
>

> --
> Tumppi
> Reply to group
> Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
>

> "Questor" <Questor@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
>> I wonder if it is possible to plug a dvd player (who normally should be
>> connected to a television) to a pc (maybe with some special cables?)

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to plug a dvd player (who normally
> should be
> connected to a television) to a pc (maybe with some special
> cables?)

It is posible, but it’s pointless.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Hardware-Dvd-player-ftopict423870.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1418636