DLink DI-624+ wireless router problem

Hi all ,

I have intermitten internet connection loss .
Our company setup as follow , the ADSL modem is connection to the WAN
port of DLink DI-624+ wireless router . The wireless is WEP
encryption(128Bit).
Our ADSL is a PPPoA connection .

Whenever we have the problem , we need to reboot the wireless router
then back to normal . But the problem will come back again .

Anybody have ideas or suggestion to solve this problem .
I am using DLink DI-624+ wireless router and Dlink DWL-G122 Wireless
USB Adapter.

Thanks
- wee tat

weetat <test@wavex-tech.com> wrote in

> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:37:03 +0800
> From: weetat <test@wavex-tech.com>
> Subject: DLink DI-624+ wireless router problem
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
>
> Hi all ,
>
> I have intermitten internet connection loss .
> Our company setup as follow , the ADSL modem is connection to the
> WAN
> port of DLink DI-624+ wireless router . The wireless is WEP
> encryption(128Bit).
> Our ADSL is a PPPoA connection .
>
> Whenever we have the problem , we need to reboot the wireless
> router
> then back to normal . But the problem will come back again .
>
> Anybody have ideas or suggestion to solve this problem .
> I am using DLink DI-624+ wireless router and Dlink DWL-G122
> Wireless
> USB Adapter.
>
> Thanks
> - wee tat

Based on my own personal experience, it sounds like you could have an
addressing problem. I'd recommend that you check the following:

First, check with your ISP to see what your DHCP lease time is. If your
Internet use is intermittant, it could be that your lease is expiring
during times of low activity.

Check with your ISP to see if you are within the allowed range of the
repeater station. It's possible that your ISP can tune the signal to
your modem.

Finally, there could be a physical problem with your ADSL line
(partially broken wire), or noise on the line, that is causing a
disruption in the service. It's possible your ISP can test for this as
well.

Best of luck.

--
Brit Weston, Microsoft

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online
account name for newsgroup participation only.

rights.

TW

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

I had this happen to me.
Go to dlink.com and look for firmware updates.

"Brit W. [MS]" <britw@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> weetat <test@wavex-tech.com> wrote in
>
>> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:37:03 +0800
>> From: weetat <test@wavex-tech.com>
>> Subject: DLink DI-624+ wireless router problem
>> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
>>
>> Hi all ,
>>
>> I have intermitten internet connection loss .
>> Our company setup as follow , the ADSL modem is connection to the
>> WAN
>> port of DLink DI-624+ wireless router . The wireless is WEP
>> encryption(128Bit).
>> Our ADSL is a PPPoA connection .
>>
>> Whenever we have the problem , we need to reboot the wireless
>> router
>> then back to normal . But the problem will come back again .
>>
>> Anybody have ideas or suggestion to solve this problem .
>> I am using DLink DI-624+ wireless router and Dlink DWL-G122
>> Wireless
>> USB Adapter.
>>
>> Thanks
>> - wee tat
>>

> Based on my own personal experience, it sounds like you could have an
> addressing problem. I'd recommend that you check the following:
>
> First, check with your ISP to see what your DHCP lease time is. If your
> Internet use is intermittant, it could be that your lease is expiring
> during times of low activity.
>
> Check with your ISP to see if you are within the allowed range of the
> repeater station. It's possible that your ISP can tune the signal to
> your modem.
>
> Finally, there could be a physical problem with your ADSL line
> (partially broken wire), or noise on the line, that is causing a
> disruption in the service. It's possible your ISP can test for this as
> well.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> --
> Brit Weston, Microsoft
>

> Please do not send email directly to this alias. This is my online
> account name for newsgroup participation only.

> rights.

Call D-Link technical support. They are great about walking you through
setting up their routers. I have done that with two and in 10 minutes
they had both working great.
Ed