Stock settings for Athlon 64 3000+

Tazz

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Could somebody tell me the 'out of the box' settings for an Athlon 64
3000+?

TIA

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:18:53 -0400, Tazz wrote:

> Could somebody tell me the 'out of the box' settings for an Athlon 64
> 3000+?

Someone might if they can understand your question. You'll need to be more
specific about what you are looking for as there are no settings to the
cpu itself. And default board settings will depend on which model
Athlon 64 3000+ you have. The only common setting would be the system bus
at 200MHz as it is with all Athlon 64's.

http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.htm

Tazz

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Wes Newell wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:18:53 -0400, Tazz wrote:
>
> > Could somebody tell me the 'out of the box' settings for an Athlon 64
> > 3000+?
> >
> Someone might if they can understand your question. You'll need to be more
> specific about what you are looking for as there are no settings to the
> cpu itself. And default board settings will depend on which model
> Athlon 64 3000+ you have. The only common setting would be the system bus
> at 200MHz as it is with all Athlon 64's.

Sorry about that, I was in a rush and sent that out before I knew what I
was saying.

My parents bought a new system that was supposed to have an S754 Athlon
64 3000+ CPU. At first glance it was. I mean it was at 2.0 GHz and it
runs SETI work units a little faster than my Barton 2500+@3000+ (10.5 x
200).

I've had time to examine the setup a little closer. Cpu-z says that it
is running 10 x 205 and has OCZ 3200 RAM. The overclocking program that
came with the Asus board shows the AGP and PCI bus at 67 and 35
respectively. To me it seems that it has been oc'd to 3000+

Could it be a 2800+ overclocked and sold as a 3000+

All input is greatly appreciated

Ed

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 21:34:39 -0400, Tazz <dmswaine@netscape.net> wrote:

>Wes Newell wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 16:18:53 -0400, Tazz wrote:
>>
>> > Could somebody tell me the 'out of the box' settings for an Athlon 64
>> > 3000+?
>> >
>> Someone might if they can understand your question. You'll need to be more
>> specific about what you are looking for as there are no settings to the
>> cpu itself. And default board settings will depend on which model
>> Athlon 64 3000+ you have. The only common setting would be the system bus
>> at 200MHz as it is with all Athlon 64's.
>

>Sorry about that, I was in a rush and sent that out before I knew what I
>was saying.
>
>My parents bought a new system that was supposed to have an S754 Athlon
>64 3000+ CPU. At first glance it was. I mean it was at 2.0 GHz and it
>runs SETI work units a little faster than my Barton 2500+@3000+ (10.5 x
>200).
>
>I've had time to examine the setup a little closer. Cpu-z says that it
>is running 10 x 205 and has OCZ 3200 RAM. The overclocking program that
>came with the Asus board shows the AGP and PCI bus at 67 and 35
>respectively. To me it seems that it has been oc'd to 3000+
>
>Could it be a 2800+ overclocked and sold as a 3000+

You can't raise the multiplier on the A64's (only lower them) so to get
a 2800+ to run @ 2.0GHz (3000+ speed) you would need to set the bus to
something like 222. (222x9)

A64 2800+ 1.8GHz (200 x 9)
A64 3000+ 2.0GHz (200 x 10)