Windows XP to new hardware cinfig

bill

Hi All,

I'm building a new computer and considering simply installing current HD w/
XP installed. I would most likely remove all hardware drivers that I could
such as sound, video.....

Will this be sufficient or will new install be needed.

Thanks,
Bill

"Bill" <whsce"spam_me _not"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'm building a new computer and considering simply installing current HD
> w/ XP installed. I would most likely remove all hardware drivers that I
> could such as sound, video.....
>
> Will this be sufficient or will new install be needed.

There are many variables that will affect the outcome. If the chipsets of
the motherboard are from the same manufacturer it may work just fine finding
most of the hardware on initial boot. Any devices not found would need
drivers installed. This is the least likely scenario. The most likely is you
will have to do a repair install.

The worst case scenario is none of the above works and you have to do a
clean install. In any case backup and verify your backup before starting. If
possible have two backup sets available.

Kerry

"Bill" <whsce"spam_me _not"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'm building a new computer and considering simply installing current HD
> w/ XP installed. I would most likely remove all hardware drivers that I
> could such as sound, video.....
>
> Will this be sufficient or will new install be needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

You'll probably have to do a repair install, so doing a clean install isn't
that much more work, and gives you a better place to start.