Need some help with wireless networking & internet connect..

Hi there,

Could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction with
this:

I have 2 laptops, both connected wirelessly to each other and can read each
other no problems (static ip addresses eg. 11.0.0.20 & 11.0.0.21)

One of the laptop has a ADSL modem connected to it and has an internet
connection, what im trying to do is to get the other laptop using internet
through the wireless connection to the first laptop.

I looked in the advanced settings of the Wireless connection and enabled
Internet Sharing, but no luck...

Any help appreciated??

Thanks,
Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about need wireless networking internet connect

    Milsnips wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > Could someone please help me out and point me in the right direction
    > with this:
    >
    > I have 2 laptops, both connected wirelessly to each other and can read
    > each other no problems (static ip addresses eg. 11.0.0.20 & 11.0.0.21)
    >
    > One of the laptop has a ADSL modem connected to it and has an internet
    > connection, what im trying to do is to get the other laptop using
    > internet through the wireless connection to the first laptop.
    >
    > I looked in the advanced settings of the Wireless connection and
    > enabled Internet Sharing, but no luck...

    First of all, you are using a non-standard IP addressing scheme for your
    lan. Is this required by your modem? Windows Internet Connection
    Sharing (ICS) only supports using IP addresses of 192.168.0.1 for the
    gateway and 192.168.0.xx for client machines. I'll give you links
    explaining how to set up ICS, but your best course of action would be
    to buy a home router (Linksys, Netgear, Belkin, etc.) instead.

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics - ICS
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/clientwiz.htm - XP
    ICS - Client Setup Using the Network Setup Wizard

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

Wireless Laptops Connection Networking Internet Wireless Networking