If a barebone bundle contains the followin:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0GHz LGA775
Heatsink and Fan: Novatech H/S & Fan
Memory: 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz

Motherboard: 6617MX-S
Memory Slots: 2 x 184-pin DIMM sockets
Chipset: SiS661GX + 964
AGP Slots: 1
PCI Slots: 3
CNR Slots: 0
Onboard Sound: 5.1 channel AC97
LAN: Integrated Fast Ethernet (10/100) controller (Realtek)
Modem: No
Onboard Graphics: Integrated SiS high-performance graphics controller
plus AGP 8X slot
USB Ports: 4 x USB2
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Firewire Ports: No
Form Factor: MicroATX
Chassis: Black ATX Midi Tower Case with 400W PSU
MoBo: 6617MX-S

What else do I need to turn it into a working PC?

I have identified only these:

CD/DVD-DRIVE
Floppy drive
Modem
Firewire card
Monitor

Thank you.

You need to install a Hard Drive and then install Windows XP.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:00:00 +0100, Kevin <Kevin@NEWSGROUPS.COM>
wrote:

>If a barebone bundle contains the followin:
>
>Processor: Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0GHz LGA775
>Heatsink and Fan: Novatech H/S & Fan
>Memory: 512MB DDR PC3200 400MHz
>
>Motherboard: 6617MX-S
>Memory Slots: 2 x 184-pin DIMM sockets
>Chipset: SiS661GX + 964
>AGP Slots: 1
>PCI Slots: 3
>CNR Slots: 0
>Onboard Sound: 5.1 channel AC97
>LAN: Integrated Fast Ethernet (10/100) controller (Realtek)
>Modem: No
>Onboard Graphics: Integrated SiS high-performance graphics controller
>plus AGP 8X slot
>USB Ports: 4 x USB2
>Parallel Ports: 1
>Serial Ports: 1
>Firewire Ports: No
>Form Factor: MicroATX
>Chassis: Black ATX Midi Tower Case with 400W PSU
>MoBo: 6617MX-S
>
>What else do I need to turn it into a working PC?
>
>I have identified only these:
>
>CD/DVD-DRIVE
>Floppy drive
>Modem
>Firewire card
>Monitor
>
>Thank you.

You need to ask this in a more appropriate group. What you put in
your computer is irrelevant to THIS group. Post back after you
install XP and harve hardware problems or questions.

kamal

You will also need A Mouse, Keyboard.