Best 'bang for the buck' 64bit system

moods

- Need advice on motherbord, socket etc. (prefer abit for ease in
overclocking, open to other suggestions though ;-))
- Cpu? What is the equivalent of the xp2500 in athlon64's overclocking
capabilities? I'm running an athlon xp-m on nf7-s now. Is there a change
mobile athlon64 proc's fit in desktop motherboards? If so is it wise to
get one (unlocked, lower voltage but what about the pricetag?)
- Videocard probably agp but have no idea what kind of card to take.
Like to play games a lot.

Any help greatly appriciated!

--
"Suicide hotline,.. please hold,.."

although the purists among us will most likely say, otherwise i would say go
for either a 754 3000+ or 3200+(£95 & £120 respectively.) and i'm guessing
that you don't have an atx 2.0 psu, so stay away from the abit NF8, great
board but needs a 2.0 psu. If you can afford it go 939 and get some thing
with nforce 4 asus, abit and gigabyte are my personal favourites. As for
the whole mobile 64 question, thats some elses problem, lol.

Hope that was at least a little helpful
"Moods" <Ahoy.you.s@lty.dogs> wrote in message
>- Need advice on motherbord, socket etc. (prefer abit for ease in
>overclocking, open to other suggestions though ;-))
> - Cpu? What is the equivalent of the xp2500 in athlon64's overclocking
> capabilities? I'm running an athlon xp-m on nf7-s now. Is there a change
> mobile athlon64 proc's fit in desktop motherboards? If so is it wise to
> get one (unlocked, lower voltage but what about the pricetag?)
> - Videocard probably agp but have no idea what kind of card to take. Like
> to play games a lot.
>
> Any help greatly appriciated!
>
> --
> "Suicide hotline,.. please hold,.."

Don't know how you want to quantify bang4buck, but a twin graphics system
NF4-SLi PCIe would run on socket 939.
Should get some nice benchies.

Forum User wrote:
> Easy, tiger.
> Benchmarks still provide a guide to RW performance.
> But if you're happy with your KT133a and XP1500+, that's fine too. ;)

Well I agree, partially. Remember MMX hype, SSE hype and so on, we are
still waiting for those software optimizations that will "change the way
we live". What happen to that "rich Internet experience" that P4
promised us ? Guy asked for most bang for buck and i really doubt that
SLI fits in there. How many ppl actually can see difference between
60fps and 120fps. Very few i would say. So IMHO to spend 500 or 600$ on
2 video cards just to be able to brag about bench numbers is quite useless.